Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Community Chat Forum

What Is Your Biggest Regret? (Page 1)

I know they 'no regrets' and all that but if you do have any, what is your biggest one?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
Re: What Is Your Biggest Regret?
Mine would prolly be not dating my boyfriend sooner ...we new each other for a year before we did and he persuded me but i pushed him away then i decided enough of jerks im going too try out a relationship with him and OMG im so happy i did he is so freakin awesome been 3 years going strong ... Very Happy
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Not leaving my abusive x Husband sooner. I stayed for 16 years. To many years of unhappiness and youth taken away, That leave scares! But then I might not have met my now Hubby, because of timing..
Everything is for a reason!!
|

replied August 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Letting my mother talk me out of going to medical school. I SOOOOO wanted to be a doctor, and would be by now if she wouldn't have intervened. Evil or Very Mad I never listened to her before, why I listened to her then, I'll never know. I could be making big bucks right now!!!
|

replied August 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Closing off communication with my parents over the past few years. I truly feel better now that they dragged me down to Florida for the summer. I was not doing good. I was being stupid.
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
My biggest regret is not realizing that how my parents treated me was wrong for over twenty years. You know how victims blame themselves, especially kids?
|

replied August 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
meeting XXXXX
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hmmm so many. I guess my biggest would be not going back to school after i had my daughter.
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
My biggest regret was probably when I was raped at 17 by a 33 year old cab driver and didn't tell anyone about it. (because I was a virgin) The following week he bought some teens alcohol they had alcohol poisening and one died. Thats probably the worst thing I regret.
|

replied August 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
All those awesome jokes I didn't think of until after it was too late to use them.
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
the 3 years that my uncle lived with me, i regret every second of those three years with him.

i regret lots of other things, too, i was a stupid kid.
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I have many small regrets, but I guess the biggest regret is that my wife never knew my mother prior to her battle with systemic lupus. My Mom was so full of life until the disease robbed her of her looks and quality of life. She had no real chance against one of the most insideous diseases on the planet.
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
Community Volunteer
meblonde01 wrote:
Not leaving my abusive x Husband sooner. I stayed for 16 years. To many years of unhappiness and youth taken away, That leave scares! But then I might not have met my now Hubby, because of timing..
Everything is for a reason!!

Ditto !!!
I'm happily married now ... but I wasted so much time with a bloke that n=mentally abused me and made me feel inadequate, then I fell deep into depression cos if it .. I can see it now, but not at the time... he made it all out to be my fault ... I wish I stood up to him, and hit back .. I would now... I'm confident enough ..
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
Experienced User
Cutting my hair real short when I was 12, and everyone at school called me nanna after that.
Calling my mam a stupid cow, this was just a few weeks ago whilst having a massive row. omg, I feel sick just thinking about that. I got so angry and just screamed at her, which I'd never done to anyone before.
|

replied August 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
what massive row?
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
Experienced User
It was really daft, over something about the washing, and how I'd ruined her clothes or something. I dunno, seems I'm always doing stuff wrong. Think we were both just in bad moods lol
|

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2007
Experienced User
Eiri wrote:
Closing off communication with my parents over the past few years. I truly feel better now that they dragged me down to Florida for the summer. I was not doing good. I was being stupid.

For me exactly the same! =O

except my mother dragged me from the UK to Australia to get me out of a bad place.
|

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Not going into the Peace Corps.
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2007
Experienced User
sillyakchick wrote:
Not going into the Peace Corps.

is it too late?
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Well many years ago my dh and I were trying to get in. He is a former marine, though, and they don't allow former military in the peace corps. Now I have two children, so if I wanted to go now I would have to leave my family behind for 2 years. Not likely. So yeah, it's too late. Crying or Very sad

I think the sacrifice was worth it, though.
|
Quick Reply