Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Question: Odd Joint Popping With Regular Activity

For some reason, recently when I do simple sit-ups, the joints in my hips pop. When doing calf raises, the joints in my ankles pop. Maybe it's wrong technique, but maybe it's a joint problem?

I know that I often wake up with my jaw locked, but I had an MRI done for TMJ and nothing was found, but the problem persists. I don't know if that has anything to do with the exercising and joints, but just in case it does I thought I should mention it.

I'm under 30, so a joint problem would be more rare, right? The joint popping with sit-ups and calf raises have only begun since july. Anyone know anything about this?

-thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 3rd, 2007
what do you mean "pop?" do they get dislocated and then "pop" back in? my arm does that every once and awhlie, and i can do it myself when i want to. i dont think its really a problem, it might get worse if you keep doing it though.

it you just mean little cracking noises, thats probably nothing, my knee cracks every time i bend it, same with my ankel. im 20 and i feel likee an old man haha. thats what sports and exercise do to you, shouldnt hurt anything.
|

replied August 5th, 2007
It's kind of like cracking, but a little bit different of a feeling. It's painful after just a few repetitions, and I've never had this problem before. But it's with simple exercises, not abnormal movements.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....