Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

I'm 15 Nearly 16...am I Too Young to Try For a Baby?

Sounds completly stubid!!
But I'm with my guy now and we were talking about trying for a baby when i'm 16.
I don't want to try to late as my mum waited years for me and had to still birth boys before me.
she said if i got pregnant she would support me but said i should live abit...i just would like to be a young mum and not an older one like she is as all through my childhood she has said no to doing fun stuff with me cos shes embarassed of her age...but i love her and dont think of her age...shes my mum to me and couldn't be replaced!!

Please send me your opinions on this matter,
Thanks.
Amii xx
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile sick_mama17
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2007
Supporter
you are far to young esp with a 22 year old guy finish school first then get a job first. if he loves you he will wait to have children hun.
|

replied August 2nd, 2007
Reply to Candita Sky
Thanks for your advise.
Yeah i think he would wait as i finish school next year and i may see what things are like then.
But still abit unsure,i dont even know if i'll be able to have kids!
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi Smile
I got pregnant at 16. My son is now 4. I think you should definately finish school first, try to get lots of experience with babies and young kids. Anyone you can babysit for ?
You have many years ahead of you to get pregnant. I wouldnt worry about not being able to get pregnant unless you were over 35.
Honestly, find something you love doing and go do it. Enjoy your life as a teenager and young adult as much as you can before you have a child.
A baby will take over your whole life, its no longer about you, its all about the baby and what the baby needs. They come first in every single decision you make once you have them.
They dont stay babies very long either. Are you ready to deal with a toddler, pre-schooler? You wont have grown much yourself by the time they reach that age.
Think about what you can offer a child, what kind of life can you provide for it? They need much more than love.
Also once you make this decision you cant go back on it. Having a child is a life long responsibility, no matter how old he or she is you will be a mother for the rest of your life, and have all the responsibilities that go along with that.
At 15 you're so young, you have no idea. I thought I had it all figured out too, thought everything would be great and all that. It isn't how you imagine it to be.
What if your boyfriend leaves you? Having a baby wont keep a guy, and it puts a lot of stress on a relationship.
Think about it.

Morgan
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i think you should have a stable life before you start trying for a baby, like a job for starters otherwise you'll be on benefits (not that theres anything wrong with it) and will struggle. its better if you're older, have a home, a job, etc. i know that even if you're older it's still guna be hard, but i'd wait a bit.
|

replied August 13th, 2007
Re: I'm 15 Nearly 16...am I Too Young to Try For a Baby?
i think you are see im 17 and i wish i could have waited ...at least have a job, and car first...babys are difficult to take care of this is my first and when my frd had her baby i helped alot but it is hard work and you shouldnt have a child with someone u havent been with for a really long time b/c guys lie and u really never kno when you will be replaced
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Live a little first, huh? Get a job, go to university, travel places, whatever.
|

there are alot of things to think about.

will your moms insurance cover YOUR labor and delivery?
how will you get insurance so that your child will be able to go to the doctors office?
Why is your boyfriend so ceen on having a child but not getting married?
how will you afford diapers, food, and clothes?
how will you afford a crib, a high chair, multiple car seats?
who will watch him/her while youre in school?
who will take him/her to the doctor when he's sick?
how will you pass school if you miss so many days with feeling icky or when you have him/her?
are you ready to have people looking/poking at you vagina every couple of weeks?
do you know what you can and cant eat while pregnant?
do you know if you want to breastfeed or not?
do you know the benifits of breatfeeding or not breast feeding?
are you ready to gain weight and not look like you used to for the rest fo your life?
are you ready to tell not only yur parents that youre pregnant, but his as well?

theres alot to think about.
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2007
Supporter
The very fact that ou are here asking if you are eady says to me that you're not. I was 15 when i fell pregnant and i had my daughter two weeks after my 16th birthday and it is so so hard and i have it much easier than you because i live in the uk so i didn't have to worry about health insurance because we have the NHS, we finish school at 16 so all i had to worry about there was doing all of my final exams before Mika was born. If i were you then i would wait until you can say to yourself that you are 100% ready for this because once a baby's there it's not going to go away. Having a baby isn't all cuddles and games, it's cracked nipples from breastfeeding, no sleep, stretch marks, no money and barely enough spare time in the day for you to go to the toilet in peace
|

replied August 24th, 2007
Hi,
I don't know if your still reading these posts cause you posted your question a while ago but i'm gunna reply anyways!
I'm 19, and have a 15 month old daughter.. I've been lucky in a way that i'm still with the father and we've been engaged for over a year.
Honestly, i think you should wait!!....It's completly your desicion but your still so young, you have so much more living to do! Having a child means your responsible for them 24/7.. no going to parties, no staying up late (unless it's with the baby), no going on random road trips whenever you want, no more girlie sleep over nights.. there's a lot of things you wouldn't be able to do anymore! I never really considered all that when i got pregnant, not that i don't love my daughter.. but sometimes i wish i would have listened to everyone and just waited. It's a very stressful job being a mom..even if you have supports like a bf or parents.. you can't always depend on them, YOU are the babies mother and YOU are responsible for them. I wasn't finished highschool when i got pregnant, but i'm lucky that there is a young parent program in my town that gives you the opportunity to finish highschool, but that doesn't mean i can go college right away now that i'm done. College costs money, and guess what.. so does a baby!.... anyways, i'm sure i've gotten my point across.. just wait! get out there and live some more! finish school..go to college, get a job you love..then think about having babies, you'll still be young once you've finished all that!
|

replied September 23rd, 2007
Re: I'm 15 Nearly 16...am I Too Young to Try For a Baby?
Smexi_Amii wrote:
Sounds completly stubid!!
But I'm with my guy now and we were talking about trying for a baby when i'm 16.
I don't want to try to late as my mum waited years for me and had to still birth boys before me.
she said if i got pregnant she would support me but said i should live abit...i just would like to be a young mum and not an older one like she is as all through my childhood she has said no to doing fun stuff with me cos shes embarassed of her age...but i love her and dont think of her age...shes my mum to me and couldn't be replaced!!

Please send me your opinions on this matter,
Thanks.
Amii xx

i think u r wayyyyy to young
my mom had a baby 3 years ago and i saw how hard it is so to actually raise it
trust me ur way too young wait until u r done with school and have a stable life so u can offer your baby the life it really desrves
|

replied September 24th, 2007
Experienced User
I have a friend who planned her baby that she had at 16. She's happy with him and her (now) husband. But because she had him when she was 16, she had to get her GED instead of finishing school and had such a hard time taking her nursing courses in college. It will be so much easier if you just wait 2 years (when you turn 1Cool to finish high school at least. Think of all the things you'll miss if you're hasty. And I'm not saying wait until you're married or anything, because you never know what kind of issues you might have with your fertility. But at least wait until you're an adult. And then if anybody gives you a dirty look or comments on how you're too young, you can look them in the eye and say, "I'm an adult. I can do as I please."
|

replied September 26th, 2007
I had my first baby at 17 and I don't exactly regret it but I wish I had waited longer. My baby would be 1 1/2 now but I gave her up for adoption. One thing I can tell you is that unless you both have a job and are finantially stable and you have a place for the baby to live and are ready to give up your whole life then I would wait. Though I am not your mother I am a mother a teen mother. Now I am 18 pregnant again and I am scared but ready.If I were you I would wait.
|

replied October 1st, 2007
Experienced User
Hi
hi, i had my first baby at 13 and it was not my fault. I am 15 know and have a lovely boy(aged 2) and a baby on the way. I think that u should wait a while motherhood is not all it is cracked up to be.I find it hard and so will u. Leave school, get a job and see were things go from there.
|

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
just because your mother had concieving issues does NOT mean you will! you are a child... unless it happened accidentally WAIT!
|

replied April 19th, 2010
i understand where your coming from!!
there is this guy iv been head over heels for at least a year now,,
we both want kids but hes a fighter and hes working all the time. im about to start my job this summer with my aunt at a big company. i really want a baby though. when i see a baby i get so attatched i watch two newborn-2month babies at least 3 times a week. and their parents never complain when i take care of them. i quit all my sports and im about to end my freshman year at a accelerated school. i want to get high school over with as fast as i can so i can have my baby!!
but my guy frado also said he wants too wait..i guess since were not together.
but ireally dont care.
i want a baby..

help?? on what i should do??
thanks
bbk
|

replied April 22nd, 2010
You can be a proper parent when you are married and between your husband and yourself you can both financially support yourselves and a child.
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2011
well i say go for it. but you do have to realise that u are very young and it will be hard but if thats 100% what you want the go ahead. but if u have to ask other people wether you to young or to old then obvisaly ur to young. im 16 and my boyfriend is 18 and were having a baby. but ive had alot of problems with my ovarys. ive had part of one removed. i no it will be hard but this is want. if this is want you want then go ahead but just remember its more then jus getting up thru the the night. its money a place to live, someone to look after he/her wen u go to school. but no one can tell you yes or no..
|

replied August 27th, 2011
im 15 and i have a daughter she the most amazing thing in my life.
I work in childcare and she come to work wif me every day
I do part time tafe
And my bf her dad he works part time aswell and stil in school
&& yes it can change ur life alot && u cant bak ot
But i think it has change my life for the good
Smile and i wouldnt change a thing i love my beauitful daughter savannah-lee
|

replied August 27th, 2011
im 15 and i have a daughter she the most amazing thing in my life.
I work in childcare and she come to work wif me every day
I do part time tafe
And my bf her dad he works part time aswell and stil in school
&& yes it can change ur life alot && u cant bak ot
But i think it has change my life for the good
Smile and i wouldnt change a thing i love my beauitful daughter savannah-lee
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...