Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Have to Get Arthroscopic Hip Syrgery...

I have just been diagnosed with a torn labrum of my right hip and sadly this injury has been blamed on the 10 years that i spent distroying my body as a competitive gymnast for most of my childhood years. Now I am 24 and already need hip surgery. This is a first for me, although most of my old gym friends have had to go down the same path as me already.

I have been told that i required hip arthroscopic surgery, which i have found out is a relatively new proceedure to do on the hip. I wanted to know if anyone has had the same diagnosis and has gone through the process of getting this surgery done. If anyone has any advise or referrals to a really great doctor that would be amazing...

thanks... Wink
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
No referrals here...but I can relate. I was a young gymnast, too, although never competitive. My injuries showed up on my knees...and I've had ACL reconstruction on both. So, my heart goes out to you. Know that you're not alone. We support each other here.

Update us!!!

And one more thing...as a gymnast, you might consider yoga during your rehab....and for life! I love it and can help recommend some sequences which can get your heart rate going the way a good routine can...let me know.

Wink
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....