I have just come to terms with this... I have been, for about 6 mos, purging after eating a lot, or/and drinking a lot (together), ex. wine.
I'm going to be open, and it may sound graphic but I'm not sure how else to say it.

I have not purged much, perhaps 30 times total. But recently, once a week. And about 4 days ago, I threw up, not just a little, I tried to get everything out. And for the last 3 days I've had a stomach pain, like, maybe an ulcer?

Now, my last period was due July 22 and it never came, and still hasn't. I had some tenderness in my breasts, as usual, but no period. I'm not pregnant, have not been sexually active, and did test just to be safe twice, both negative. (I was active 3 mos ago.)

I can't believe I'm here saying this, and that I let myself get here, when I could have just eaten healthy and exercised. I did that on and off but not consistently.

Does anyone have some experience with this, and maybe know if these two things, the period and the stomach pain, are from the bulimia? I'm almost positive the stomach thing is, I really was hard on it that time; usually I just do like 1/2 of what I ate.

I know this is awful, what I'm saying. I'm not doing it again. But I don't have health insurance right now, so can't go to a doctor.

Help?

Carrie, Florida
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
if your certain your not pregnant it can be related to the bulimia. Im sure it has caused ulcers in your stomach or many other stomach problems, when you force your self to throw up your forcing your body to work backwards a way it isnt meant to work. you throw up when your sick because its your bodies way of getting rid of the bad bacteria. Forcing yourself to do it messes up your entire digestive system. it could also cause a loss of periods, depends i know that if youve dropped alot of weight recently that can definately make you lose your period, But im sure that the way your treating your body is putting a toll on it and that may be why you are late.
I would really suggest trying to find somet health insurance even if its by the state, something to get some help before you get sicker. Eating disorders are deadly.
|

replied August 2nd, 2007
Thank You
I have not lost weight, I read a lot about this online, and saw that, if you gain or lose weight, and the other things that can cause a late period.

I am not continuing this but the damage that's here now, hopefully will heal. It's like like I didn't know I was hurting myself... it's such a ridiculous thing to do.

I appreciate your advice. I've been looking for a job since mid-May. Have had 2 interviews this week; it's tough. But I did find out about a clinic I can go to.

I think this stuff is due to the purging, and hopefully I am on the track to recovery. Eating healthy today, and did yoga and a light workout walk/jog this morning. Which I do 1/2 the time, but... you really have to be consistent. And not get depressed and eat and then.. you know. That's why I did it. And there's not much healthy food available in my area-I go out to dinner with my family and there's just what's there.

I'm not going back to that lifestyle.

Thanks again

Carrie
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
glad to hear your trying to get better, keep up the good work, we are all here if you need to , feel free to PM me anytime you need to talk Smile
Diane
|

replied April 9th, 2011
late of period more than one week and stomach pain --
hi,my girlfreind her period its late now for one week and am worry about her ,she told me that she has sometimes stomach pain but we have save sex with each other always ,,can anyone help me in that and explain to me if her period late tht mean sure that she is pregnant
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...