Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Just In Need of a Logical Answer........

I was on depo for 4 years after having my 5 yr old son. I got my last injection October 2005. My period returned and is normally on time and the exact 4 days as it was before I had my son. Well, in May me and a friend "hooked" up spontaneously and yea I must admit, unprotected twice and the second time he didn't completely pull out in time. I didn't realize until after the smoke had settled that it was during my "fertile" time of the month. None the less my period came in May but it was late and unusual like lighter,not my usual flow. Then June and July it was late again and the same, a lighter flow, my first day was like my third would be. Any ways my period should have come on July 30 but it has not come yet. I know it's only the first of August but for a person that period is normally usual this disturbs me. I have heard of people having "vaginal bleeding" during pregnacy and I also talked to a lady that bled during her entire pregnancy, and didn't find out she was pregnant until she was almost 4 months. Her doctor told her it could have been from her being on depo for so long. At any rate is there anyone that has insight, I'm afraid to take a pregnancy test, I don't believe it's stress. What do you think?????????????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2019
Hello.
Welcome to this forum.
There is only one simple way to know.Do a pregnancy testing,though you are afraid to do it.If it is positive,you are pregnant and if it is negative,that scanty cycle could be a sequel effect of Depo.

Hope I can address your query. Please visit your doctor if there is any further confusion as without a clinical examination it is not possible to opine through an online medical forum.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.