Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

Is my uneven face a congenital deformity ?

User Profile
------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------

Hello,
I am 34 years old and in desperate need of changing my life for the better. After years of pain, fear and lonleliness, I am determined to make my life the best it can be. The first step is me and feeling better about me when I look in the mirror.
I have a terrible case of an "uneven" face. I believe it to have been from birth, but the older I get the worse it seems. The left side of my face seems to be flat, while the right side is shorter and fuller, almost looks like there is an infection in my lower cheek. I have barely any prominent cheekbones, a long, receeded, lopsided chin, at times, appears to be circular fat pockets on the lower side of each cheek, near the mouth. It's disgusting and I really hate looking in the mirror and definately hate pictures because it tears my self esteem down. I stay pretty isolated because of my insecurities. I love the person I am, any help from surgeons

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 24th, 2007
Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Answer A3227
You can consult a plastic surgeon to check if there is really something wrong with your face (congenital deformities) or only you perceive yourself as “ugly” in the mirror. With or without congenital anomalies on your face, you can still choose to make esthetic plastic corrections.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.