Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Long Term "drunkiness"... Mental Problem?

i really don't know where to post this, hopefully this is the right forum....

this is going to sound strange, but i seriously need some answers here. i am 20 years old and know im not supposed to drink alcohol but every time i DO, the effects last way too long. the first time i got drunk, i had probably around 10 drinks.... i FELT DRUNK for the next TEN DAYS! i couldn't drive, go to school, or go to work. Now every time i drink, the same thing happens. Example, if i have ONE beer, i will feel the "buzz" for about 2 hours. The other night (saturday, 7/28/07) and i am still feeling disoriented and not sober to this day (8/1/07). It is very rarely that i do drink because i know this kinda stuff happens to me. Is there ANY explanation as to why my body does this, or it just a mental condition that i have? If it is a mental problem, why does the feeling all of a sudden go away after x amount of days (average is 10 days)??? PLEASE let me know, i don't want to go through this anymore. thank you

-Frank
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 2nd, 2007
Hey frank, i dont know if it is mental or not but i do suggest you see your doctor as its not normal. You could be allergic to alcohol or something else in drinks, but definatley see your doctor, he will probably be able to give you somee explanation.
Good luck!
|

replied August 3rd, 2007
i already spoke to my doctor about this. all he told me was "you're having a bad reaction to alcohol." As you can see, he didn't help me all that much. If i remember correctly, he took urine and blood from me and did some tests to see if my liver was functioning properly. Everything came back fine, and like 2 days after i saw him, i felt better. This is why i say that about 10 days is the average this thing lasts. Does anyone else have any other suggestions!? PLEASE HELP ME GUYS!! I don't like this very much... Crying or Very sad
|

replied August 9th, 2007
My Best Guess
It appears to me you don't want to hear that it is your body reacting to your drinking as though it were poisen .........well dear you can either leave the drink alone and choose another bad habit or put up with this one that you know...but why are you bent on doing this repeatedly when you do not like the results? either stop it or put up with it .....Me? I would choose tro live longer and drink more water ... hey best wishes on your decision its your life . wazzywoman
|

User Profile
replied August 9th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Do you need to drink? I don't.. I don't drink because I get a buzz from the first drink.. I turn all red etc. I am pretty sure that I am allergic.. I don't know though! But since I am not sure.. I just don't drink
|

replied August 10th, 2007
no, i dont NEED to drink.... i drink like once every 6-8 months.... but every time i DO drink, this happens.
|
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....