Has anyone have this happen?? I have had 3 positive hpts and a neg blood test...

The hpts were positive on wed 7/25 and thurs 7/26. Blood test came back neg the next day 7/27.

I took a digital ept today 8/1 and it was positive. Could clomid be giving me false positives????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
hi
i dont know much about clomid..
but when you went to get a blood test
did you tell the dr. that you had positive Hpts?..
and when the blood test came back neg. what'd he say?..
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2007
Experienced User
Clomid does not give you false positives. Do you know what kind of blood test you got? There are two different kind of beta tests. One is a yes/no beta and the other gives a number. Anything over 5 pregnant, under 5 not pregnant. The yes/no beta will only register pregnant above 25, and if that is the test they did, then you may not have had a high enough level yet. I would call the drs office and ask what kind of test they did and what the number was.

Are your hpts getting darker? No af yet?
|

replied August 1st, 2007
Experienced User
MrsLtd wrote:
Clomid does not give you false positives. Do you know what kind of blood test you got? There are two different kind of beta tests. One is a yes/no beta and the other gives a number. Anything over 5 pregnant, under 5 not pregnant. The yes/no beta will only register pregnant above 25, and if that is the test they did, then you may not have had a high enough level yet. I would call the drs office and ask what kind of test they did and what the number was.

Are your hpts getting darker? No af yet?

I dont know what kind of test they did but i am calling today. No af yet and this hpt i took today is the digital one and it said Pregnant.
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2007
Experienced User
That is great! I know that the digitals are less sensitive, when I had my low beta last month I always got "not pregnant" on the digitals. It is also possible that you had a low initial beta (under 25) and the doctor read it as a negative. I will be saying a prayer for you. Keep us posted!
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I definitely think you are actually pregnant. What kind of test did you use first? One thing I did to see if the my hcg was rising was keep taking the line tests to see if they got any darker.
|

replied August 1st, 2007
Experienced User
monkeygirl22 wrote:
I definitely think you are actually pregnant. What kind of test did you use first? One thing I did to see if the my hcg was rising was keep taking the line tests to see if they got any darker.

I took 2 from the $ store that cost $4. And the one i took today was an ept for like $20. I'll let ya know tomorrow what they say at this drs office. I am taking the hpt with me so i can shoe them.
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I don't blame you. Maybe your office reads under 20 as not pregnant. That's very possible. Also, do you know if they did a qualitative or a quantitative? A quantitative would have told exactly what you have in your system. Qualitative is just a yes or no.
|

replied August 1st, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Best of luck with the drs appt tomorrow. The bfp today sounds great. I hope everything works out for you tomorrow.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....