Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

the Nerve of Some People! (Page 1)

User Profile
OMG, some people are absolutely rude. I've been working at Sonic Drive-In for a while now and well, I have to say I'm used to getting chewed out because of incorrect orders. I usually just explain to people that I don't make the food. I just deliver it and do drinks, but they still yell. Today, was by far the worst person in the world that I've had to deal with.

I took this guy's order to his car and apparently it was wrong. He stopped me on my way back in to yell about it. Someone put tomatoes in his burger when he'd asked for none. As usual, I told him that I'd take it back and the problem would be fixed. He started yelling that I better not just take the tomato off and that he wants a brand new burger. So I was like, "Ok, we can do that". But get this: he's still yelling at me! And then he starts throwing stuff at me. He eventually threw his drink at me and it knocked off my glasses, breaking the earpiece on one side completely off! I was in complete shock. My manager saw what was going on and came out to try to calm the man down. His wife eventually calmed him down and apologized repeatedly. She gave me $50 to replace my frames. But wow, I cannot believe that people are that rude. It was ridiculous. So now, I get to spend my lovely day off tomorrow getting new glasses. Thank god my year isn't up so they're still under warranty.

Sorry for the rant. Just needed to get that out. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 31st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
You should have called the police and filed charges against him. People like that keep acting like that until they change.

It sounds like a frightening experience!

I'm glad you are ok.
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2007
Experienced User
Some of my co-workers were telling me to press charges, but I wasn't physically hurt. Just a little scratch from the cup. And they paid for the damage. So, I figured it wasn't worth the trouble.
|

replied July 31st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I understand that. But like I said, people who continually get away with this kind of behavior continue with this kind of behavior. It isn't your responsibility to 'fix' him though - but I'll be he keeps acting like a big fat jerk until... well, until someone stops him.

Again, it is good you are ok. Sounds like he was really angry over a tomato. Which seems funny, kind of. I mean, who throws a fit over a tomato (if they aren't 2, that is)?
|

replied July 31st, 2007
Experienced User
wow, you seemed like you were pretty nice about it. The man sure is lucky it wasnt me, police would have defintley been called but not by anything he would have done. Anyway, you should have pressed charges to teach this scumbag a lesson. 50 bucks is too little, i would have asked for 200.
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
oh my god thats horrible! like he couldn't just pick the damn tomato off anyway, i'd hate to see what his wife has to go through if she makes him mad if he did that to a stranger over a tomato.
|

replied July 31st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
wow! that's just bizarre! i'm glad you're ok!
|

replied July 31st, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
that is just disgusting. i know i wasn't there but i think i would have pressed charges as well because it was a physical attack. what a loser!! i'm sorry that happened to you. i had a run in with a reeeaaaally miserable wal mart clerk the other day and it just ruined my whole evening because she just had such an ugly attitude. i just had to keep reminding myself that i am the lucky one not to be going through life with so much anger and misery that i have to take it out on everyone around me. some people just have no respect for others. Evil or Very Mad
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I am sooooo sorry to hear that! I would have charged him with assult! WOW some people with there food eh!
|

replied July 31st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i wouldnt have taken that BS lol
i would have threw a rock throgh his windsheild
|

replied July 31st, 2007
Experienced User
wow that hella sucks! I swear fast food is the worst place to work when it comes to jerkface people! I feel for you, I used to work at Round Table Pizza, and an item we used to sell there was called the RTP sandwich where you can choose 3 topping and marinara sauce and the thing gets toasted. Anyway so some ghetto lady comes in and orders one, but it takes her like 10 minutes to figure out what she wants. I repeat her order to her 3 times ( I did that with people who took too long so they couldn't come back and say I didn't ask them). Get this, she comes back and throws the container with her half eaten sandwhich in it at me and yells that it wasn't what she asked for, and that I give her another one for free. So I tell her that was why I repeated the order back to her. She demanded to speak to a manager, who denied her the sandwhich, and so she told me that if I didn't like my job I should just quit. So I told her that it was people like her that made me hate working in the first place and walked off, wah wah.

If I were you I woulda been like, go make your own damn burger then... lol.
and then I would have called the cops on his sorry butt. Glad your ok though!
|

replied July 31st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Wow, that's just wrong. I can't believe some grown man threw his drink at you over a tomato. I'm sorry you had to deal with that jerk.
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2007
the_girlfreind wrote:
i wouldnt have taken that BS lol
i would have threw a rock throgh his windsheild

2 wrongs don't make it right. It could actually cause more problems for her.
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2007
hopefulmjz wrote:
Wow, that's just wrong. I can't believe some grown man threw his drink at you over a tomato. I'm sorry you had to deal with that jerk.

Isn't that sad though.. Buddy must have had alot going on in his life to flip like that! Some people who are holding in big things tend to take them out on the little things.. YEah I would have to say he was nuts. AND I agree its sad that she had to go to work and was doing her .. ( made a smallllllllllllllllllllll tiny tiny mistake and BANG! FOR probably not much more than min wage and to have to put up with that crap. You know some pepole should really learn to think before they act. because those actions really upset people..

Have you been back to work? Do you ever feel nervous about work?
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2007
kaerbear wrote:
that is just disgusting. i know i wasn't there but i think i would have pressed charges as well because it was a physical attack. what a loser!! i'm sorry that happened to you. i had a run in with a reeeaaaally miserable wal mart clerk the other day and it just ruined my whole evening because she just had such an ugly attitude. i just had to keep reminding myself that i am the lucky one not to be going through life with so much anger and misery that i have to take it out on everyone around me. some people just have no respect for others. Evil or Very Mad

Oh yeah I would press charges forsure. I am actually surprised the supervisor on duty didn't call the police! It's not fair to have to go through that. AND ofcourse that guy was let off and will probably do it again. It was probably embarrassing and overly scary. LIKE the guy went postal over a tomato! COME ON! When I get burgers with stuff on them that I don't want (I just think that its easy toget it mixed up, because I bet it was pretty busy too and hard to do everything 'perfect' all of the time. People make mistakes) THIS MORNING I GOT A TEA BAG WITH IN MY COFFEE at Tim Hortons. I just laughed about it.. NO BIG deal. It wasn't even worth getting mad over, but I have to think wow that girl couldn't have been thinking when she did that because they were swamped! Its not the end of the world it just makes me appreciate it more the next time when I ask for a straight coffee with no tea this time. Make it a joke and fun, because people remember that too. Sometimes much better.
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2007
Experienced User
Dale123 wrote:

I haven't been back today and I was originally scheduled for tomorrow off. I'm not all that nervous about it. It's not the first time I've been yelled at. He just took it to the extreme today. I think I'll be okay though. My manager has called and checked on me many times today and I'm pretty okay with it. Just hoping I never have to deal with that again. For my, and my glasses, sake.
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2007
Wow I cant believe he went so over the top about food. Sounds like he needs some anger management classes, I feel sorry for his wife. I would have been really shocked too Shocked

Morgan
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2007
Aryeani wrote:
Dale123 wrote:

I haven't been back today and I was originally scheduled for tomorrow off. I'm not all that nervous about it. It's not the first time I've been yelled at. He just took it to the extreme today. I think I'll be okay though. My manager has called and checked on me many times today and I'm pretty okay with it. Just hoping I never have to deal with that again. For my, and my glasses, sake.

Its good that you have some time off because that would be so scary. I think that you handelled yourself quite well. Cudos to you for going back at some point. Some experiences are pretty crappy, but it's great that you're willing to go back and try it again. I personally don't think that people show enough respect for you guys who work fast food etc. Its a hard job. Good job! What do you want to do later in life?
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2007
Sorry I got on the pregnancy chat but I just had to say you handled yourself well under the circumstances. I wear glasses too and I have had them knocked off but never broken like that. I probably would have pressed charges against that jerk too.

Everyone is right, idiots like that just keep abusing people until they are stopped by the police or get a good slap upside the head! I believe he took advantage of the fact that you are a young woman because I guarantee you he wouldn't have done that to a man. He is really a coward--much like bullies are in school--they look for weaker or smaller foes.

I hope everything goes ok when you return to work and good luck with graphic design from a fellow Texan.
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2007
Sorry I got on the pregnancy chat but I just had to say you handled yourself well under the circumstances. I wear glasses too and I have had them knocked off but never broken like that. I probably would have pressed charges against that jerk too.

Everyone is right, idiots like that just keep abusing people until they are stopped by the police or get a good slap upside the head! I believe he took advantage of the fact that you are a young woman because I guarantee you he wouldn't have done that to a man. He is really a coward--much like bullies are in school--they look for weaker or smaller foes.

I hope everything goes ok when you return to work and good luck with graphic design from a fellow Texan.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...