Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

Losing Weight And Smoking Marijuana. (Page 1)

Now i dont know where to put this so if its in the wrong section i apologize. But my dilemma is this. I recently started to work out and enjoy it and losing weight because of it. However, i do smoke weed and i do get munchies which ofcourse when your trying to lose weight its a major obstacle. I dont feel like im making as much progress as i should be because of that. Second, i really dont want to stop smoking, i enjoy it and it unwinds me after a hard days work and then the gym. If i dont smoke sometimes it leads to insomnia as i am restless and cant go to sleep. Is there anything? any herbs or any natural substance that "kill" the munchies so i can still smoke.
Thank you for your time.

p.s.
yes i know i should stop smoking weed, i will when im ready, if ever. So please lets not have 700 posts on that.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper young Girl
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Losing Weight And Smoking Marijuana.
damnhustle wrote:
Now i dont know where to put this so if its in the wrong section i apologize. But my dilemma is this. I recently started to work out and enjoy it and losing weight because of it. However, i do smoke weed and i do get munchies which ofcourse when your trying to lose weight its a major obstacle. I dont feel like im making as much progress as i should be because of that. Second, i really dont want to stop smoking, i enjoy it and it unwinds me after a hard days work and then the gym. If i dont smoke sometimes it leads to insomnia as i am restless and cant go to sleep. Is there anything? any herbs or any natural substance that "kill" the munchies so i can still smoke.
Thank you for your time.

p.s.
yes i know i should stop smoking weed, i will when im ready, if ever. So please lets not have 700 posts on that.

I found out that when I baked it in brownies, my munchies were lessened considerably. I don't know if that would work for you or not. I also enjoyed the baked goods better- the high was longer, the green lasted longer, it was a smoother experience all around for me.

I also tried to be smarter than my tastebuds Laughing and I stocked up on bottled water...everytime I wanted something to munch, I would take huge drinks of water and that generally subsided it. I also stocked up on healthy snacks like fruit and airpopped popcorn in the house. I also would tell myself that "you're not hungry...it's just the weed...you're not hungry...it's just the weed..."

For me, it was a mindgame, but I managed to lose 40+lbs while I was high most of the time.

Hmmm...something else-I don't know how you you eat in general. Like, do you enjoy fast food? Processed foods?

See, I stopped eating those long ago and they no longer even taste good to me now, so when I did the green (I stopped for other reasons) I didnt' even desire that crap. Maybe if you (need to) change your diet all around that will help you get into better habits in general.

Good luck! I managed to lose that weight and keep it off and I am very happy with my health and appearance now. It is worth the work!
|

replied April 18th, 2011
smoking
Me and my husband smoke but we eat dinner before 7 and we smoke right when we get ready to go to sleep, we usually just share a whole blunt, we both have sleep problems and 4 kids so that is reason enough for us to smoke..it keeps us sane lol. we are currently dieting and using the points system with weight watchers and we fight the munchies by just smoking before we go to sleep. And also, we just smoke untill we are parapledgic and it is impossible to get out of the bed to go get something to eat..sounds very funny now thatr I am reading it but it works for us Smile
|

replied July 31st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
*clears throat*

Cool
|

replied July 31st, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Losing Weight And Smoking Marijuana.
Birch wrote:

I found out that when I baked it in brownies, my munchies were lessened considerably. I don't know if that would work for you or not. I also enjoyed the baked goods better- the high was longer, the green lasted longer, it was a smoother experience all around for me.

I also tried to be smarter than my tastebuds Laughing and I stocked up on bottled water...everytime I wanted something to munch, I would take huge drinks of water and that generally subsided it. I also stocked up on healthy snacks like fruit and airpopped popcorn in the house. I also would tell myself that "you're not hungry...it's just the weed...you're not hungry...it's just the weed..."

For me, it was a mindgame, but I managed to lose 40+lbs while I was high most of the time.

Hmmm...something else-I don't know how you you eat in general. Like, do you enjoy fast food? Processed foods?

See, I stopped eating those long ago and they no longer even taste good to me now, so when I did the green (I stopped for other reasons) I didnt' even desire that crap. Maybe if you (need to) change your diet all around that will help you get into better habits in general.

Good luck! I managed to lose that weight and keep it off and I am very happy with my health and appearance now. It is worth the work!

WOW, thats exactly what im doing except i dont bake it because thats too much weed to put in. lol. I just dont want to feel the hunger pangs thats what i dont want, but im looking for somethig where i just wont get the need to eat. i dont eat fast foods or sodas, my stomach just doesnt like it anymore. what i pretty much mean is that i dont want to eat anything.
my snacks are usually yogurt with fruits and granola bars. yea they are low in fat but they still have fat.
|

replied January 19th, 2009
me
Since I started smoking I've gone from slightly overweight to well within the normal weight range for my height. This was because for some reason my mind naturally compensated for the munchies and I had no want/craving for junk food when I wasn't high. The new healthier weight I had then inspired me to start working out and all together get in good shape, so perhaps the same will happen to you.

A good tip that I now do is to prepare some tasty but low calorie/healthy foods for when you start to munch out. Even if it's something you'll eat but don't really like normally, it'll be great when you've got the munchies. I find that chopped up crunchy vegetables are excellent when I'm munching out, and you don't have to worry about over eating. Especially pieces of carrots, they're so delicious when you're high. They're sweat, filling and crunchy. What more could you want? Razz
|

replied January 24th, 2009
dont smoke but love rum, also trying to lose weight!
Ok, I also have my down time (we all do) OUR OUTLIT. Mine would be rum and diet coke. I love it, I work hard all day, when I get home, I want a drink, I take care of my family, but just enjoy the down time and the taste. Here's my thing, I have gained weight, but I do work out and eat ok! I am young, but the older I get the harder it is to lose weight, I have 20 pounds to lose. I am thinking it's got to be the RUM!! I hate to give it up, (i dink at my home) Yikes...what should I do is RUM making me FAT?
|

replied April 19th, 2009
Experienced User
Try to keep your mind off of food plus don't start eating cause then you won't be able to stop.
|

replied May 3rd, 2009
im in the same boat!!!!
i know it sounds funny but i found it useful sometimes. i would post sayings like "fat!" and bikini!! things that i wanted to change. i would keep photos of myself where i felt like a cow and kept them where i could see them in the kitchen. it helped me steer away sometimes. although i dont like others seeing those photos..its worth it if you really want to lose the weight..
|

replied May 5th, 2009
Yea so I was really worried about smoking weed and losing weight.

My story goes like this: A few months ago I was really fat for my height ( 5'6 270 ), I was pretty much a basketball. The first few months I barely smoked and hit the gym a lot, that's how I lost my first 70 lbs. Later on when I hit the 200 mark I started to smoke, hang out with people more. At first when I started smoking, I had the munchies like crazy, I mean I would get 20 dollars worth of KFC and eat it all rofl. I gained weight through smoking, but then my munchies started to fade away and now I just hit the gym and smoke, so hopefully I will keep on losing the weight.

Although I have a question...I just like smoking weed, and I do it about every 3 days or so, it really calms me down and I don't have the munchies anymore. But my question is: Can I be smoking weed like every few days and still manage to lose weight? I don't want to stop smoking and just smoke once in a while.
|

replied August 27th, 2011
See, I was quite overweight too by the beginning of this year. I smoke every day about three times and I´m so stoned most of the time that I learned to get the munchies under control. from january till now I´ve lost close to 15kg... all my jeans are way too loose now lol.
I think its a matter of self-control when it gets to the munchies. Just keep thinking that if it weren´t for the weed you wouldn´t be hungry. And if you can´t help it, it mango. Its supposed to enhance the THC receptors in your brain (=you can get even mora stoned that usual). But maybe it´s just me who feels that way... Good luck with your weight loss, and keep going to the gym & smoking! For me it worked just awesome.
|

replied May 19th, 2009
i agree
yea, i am doing the same thing.. or attempting that is. I dont like much excercise, only because i cant motivate myself.. i stretch and do like50-60 crunches a night, thats it.. im starting to smoke more, and drink more water.
definetly plan and make food before you smoke.. (or while someone prepares the smoketastica Smile)
it makes you motivated, and excited for fun and food right after... healthy food of course

any other tips for my plan that people have?
i really want to do my best.
ps.. I do actually mostly smoke in a spot in the woods near my home, its a bike trail/forest. my boyfriend and i take long walks while and after (on the way back to the car).. does that boost my metabolism?
|

replied December 30th, 2009
First of all I want to say that I LOVE that so many people use and embrace the qualities of Marijuana- it truly is medicinal and wonderful!
I am an avid smoker and I too want to be healthy and fit- I find that my biggest obstacle is that it makes me tired and sluggish. Any tips on combating the fatigue that will inhibit my desire to exercise?
|

replied January 23rd, 2010
Yes Smoking Pot Helps To Loose Weight!! "The Mary Plan&quo
Hello to all,
I have 3 chldren. Ages 12,5 & 2 month old baby. I am 30 yrs old and 5ft-10in. I have my same skinny jeans from when I was 17 yrs old. Yes I smoke to loose the weight really fast. My secret is that I know that I can do what you program my mind to do. Have strong commitment to your goal and sacrifice at least a month of healthy habits before you say this diet failed. It's just like coffee, I need first thing in the morning to feel functional & I need to right before bed to relax and fall asleep. Mind you it's caffine. I drink water all day. (for my skin & to flush my system) Eat 1 yogurt by noon. (for healthy digestive system) Eat any meat I want (even fried) and serve with steamed veggies or mixed spring salad. Also try to eat fresh fruit at least once a day. After I have a big breakfast of whatever I crave, (I'm Puerto Rican) even rice and beans, I take about 5 pulls and I walk 1.5 miles a day Mon-Fri. My tummy is flat my thighs are thick but slender and my back is lean and curvy. It is a mental thing. I know cause I had to learn Algebra in 3 weeks for a final and all I did was smoke a joint and read and take practice test and online tutorials. I passed!! While I was high I walked and made equations in my head, lmao. So I don't care what any doctor says, "If POT can cure asthma and can help with cataracs and god knows how many more sicknesses it can cure, trust me that trimming a few inches "Mary Plan" is also the best medicine.
|

replied October 17th, 2011
Weed
Hi, jus came across ur post. But does it really cure asthma? I do smoke cigs.. N I av tries everything in this world to loose weight but now I have given up.. Suddenly I thought of weed and loosing weight.. Does it really helpv
|

replied February 28th, 2010
omg algebra 3? mexican genius.
|

replied October 4th, 2010
poppers
It's gross, but poppers make you drop weight like crazy, and you don't get munchies quite the same way. (poppers: weed on top of tobacco.)
|

replied October 8th, 2010
Poppers
I agree with the popper method. I have been smoking poppers for about a year now every day and have lost 40 lbs. (I did diet too). A popper is getting a special shaft that is the diameter of a smoke putting a small cigarette cut in, and packing the top with the green stuff and pull it with a "water pipe". You get super high (different than green though), and because of the tobacco with the green, your appetite stays suppressed and you stay high. Almost everyone who smokes poppers loses weight.
Now a few warnings on pops. They are highly addictive, but if your a chron and an avid cig smoker, than it's no different, if not stay away!!
They are also very unhealthy but again, if you already have the 2 evils fulfilled, its no different.
|

replied January 24th, 2011
Dieting High
Hi All - I recently created a website dedicated to this topic based on my years of smoking and simultaneous dieting
|

replied February 1st, 2011
I personally work out and smoke all the time. I get the munchies but I compensate by eating smaller healthier meals and ocassionally eating a bunch when I have the munchies. When I do eat a bunch I tend to exercise more to compensate for all the extra calories.
|

replied February 5th, 2011
Drink infinite amounts of water, Smoking dehydrates you severly, that's why cooking doesn't bring out the munchies. Munch out on Celery and broccli, spinach, any dark green healthy vegetable. Using marijuana makes your body catabolic which is why you shouldn't smoke before or until 2 hours after a workout, otherwise you're taking 1 step forward 2 steps backwards with your workouts. Egg whites are also a good option, I like to boil them and seperate them and feed the yolks to a dog.
All you need to do to lose weight is go low to no carb and cut out all the sugar. There are no essential carbs only essential proteins and essential fats. if you have carbs in you you're body will use that for energy instead of the stored energy, fat. Also cut out yeast, it's essentially bad bacteria which eats your nutrients from food instead of your body. If you really want to do yourself some good invest in a vaporiser. That way you are inhaling vapor and don't have CO2 messing you up and dehydrating you. It's the much lesser of two evils if you dont want to cook or make tea bc of $. The vapo will save you $ since you need less.
Lastly, avoid chemicals like cancer, bc that's what causes cancer. Chemicals in your body, even from pollution, food colouring, pesticides, antibiotics in non-organic meat/products, alcohol, cleaning products, causes excess stress on your liver bc it has to work to detox the chemicals instead of normal stuff, like BURNING FAT.
One of the great muscle men of the 20th century Jack LaLanne "If man made it don't eat it, If it tastes too good spit it out."
|

replied June 19th, 2011
Resist the munchies! I promise you can do it, and it will make you lose weight faster with a faster metabolism. When your burnt and craving Taco Bell, go for a bike ride, and take only a bottle of water and a granola bar with you. Ride around for a while, (I recommend music too), then find a shady spot, and enjoy your water and granola bar. Ride back home and munchies will be cured. I had the same problem, and now I'm not a fat stoner anymore, but a hot one Smile
|

replied October 29th, 2011
There are more tips and info.

Some say low carb. Some say high carb. Some say it's how much food. Some say it's how much exercise. But none of these covers the whole picture.

How to lose weight naturally is not rocket science. It just takes accepting the facts of these seven natural laws of weight loss, plus good old-fashioned stick-to-itiveness.

Seven Laws of How to Lose Weight Naturally

1. Make a commitment to whatever it takes.
2. Start from a foundation of happiness.
3. Design your own healthy diet plan.
4. Manage your emotions.
5. Find a way to exercise daily.
6. Keep a Journal.
7. Be persistent.

Good Luck and Take care Smile
|
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....