Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Cervical Spine Arthritis Surgery Information

Hi. Can you give me some cervical spine arthritis surgery information ? Thanks !
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
All I know is that surgery is the LAST option you want to consider when trying to treat arthritis. It is invasive and can exacerbate arthritis...as far as my experience has taught me. What type of surgery are you considering?
|

replied August 28th, 2007
Cervical Spine Surgery
I had this surgery three years ago. I was surprised at how easy it was. They go in through the front of your neck, and the incision is only two inches long. There is no pain, except for a sore throat the first day. It is usually done as an out patient, but I had to stay over night because of a fever. I was up the next day, but took it easy for three days. My headaches went away, and I would do it all over again, if need be. Only two things to worry about. 1) Have only two disc replaced. The third one brings the chances of an infection up quit a bit, and it could damage the vocal cords. 2) Check out you doctor to see if he has had a lot of patients who got infections. Some doctors just seem to have that problem, and you don't want an infection in your cervical spine. God bless you.
|
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....