Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Sour feeling in stomach & bowel movements are very frequent

User Profile
Recently i got cough and as a counter measure, I end up drinking pineapple juice every morning to provide enough vitamin C for my body for two week. I have noticed that I always get that sour feel on my stomach, i often had to take myself to the comfort room for another bowel movement. This occurs every after lunch, i feel uncomfortable having felt bowel movements very frequent. Anyways I've stop drinking pineapple juice and the likes. I still get this feeling everyday. Is there any explaination on what I am experiencing right now? Do I have to take medice to feel relief?
Thank you...

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 20th, 2007
Mens Conditions Answer A3212
The sour feeling in your stomach could be due to the pineapple juice because the sensation stopped when you stopped drinking the juice. Frequent bowel movements are probably not due to the juice but to something else because this symptom continued even after you stopped taking the juice. If the stools are solid, there is nothing to be worried about. You can just get used to frequent bowel movements. But if you have diarrhea, you should visit your GP.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.