well i havent been on here in so long and not sure who is still on here but I just found out the worst news anyone would ever want to hear. After 20 months of ttc and one varicose surgery my doctor called to tell me that my husbands mobiity in his sperm and with the conunt he can not have kids, that there is such a small chance. So he refered in vitro, or donor sperm. My husband does not want doner sperm bc this will not be his kid, and in vitro is so expensive doctor said 10-20 thousand each cycle with not knowing if it will take. This is just the most horrible thing to ever happen! He dont want anyone to know but thought I could announce it hear, and to finish with the doctor put me on progesterone pills about a week and a half ago, so I would quit spotting, I quit takin them a day before my period was to come and now I havent even had a period, which got us exicted and thought it could be a miracle but then I tested and it was a bfn. I ususally have 28 day cycles and now im on day31 with nothing. Life seriously couldnt be any worse
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
omg i am so sorry to hear that! i wish you all the best
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm so sorry girl! I remember when your dh had the surgery. Miracles can happen. Maybe once your husband deals with everything a little more he will be more open to donor sperm or even adoption. I'll be praying for you. Feel free to talk or vent here anytime.
|

replied July 29th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I am so sorry. I wish there was something I could say to help you feel better. Just know that I'm praying for a miracle for you.

As for IVF, I say shop around. I only really know of one fertility clinic in my area, but they have a money back guarantee type of program. Since I got my referral there, I've wondered if other fertility clinics in the area have better prices. Also, check with your insurance. Our insurance pays 50% of the cost of the IVF and covers all of the drugs.

Good luck!
|

replied July 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I am so sorry to hear your bad news. That is probably one of those things that you would never expect to happen to you and when it does it is devistating.

I wish I could say something to make you feel better, but like it was said before, miracles do happen and I hope it happens to you and dh.

Keep positive and feel free to talk to us anytime.
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2007
I am very sorry. I wish there was something more I could say to make you feel better, but I know there are no words. Sad
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2007
I am so sorry to hear that! Yes, definitly look into it to see if you can get some of the costs covered don'tgive up. You're a beautiful couple and I am sure you would have a beautiful child together.. How is your hubby responding to all of this (make sure that you make him feel good, because I am sure that he feels like crap!
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2007
Ai
This may seem weird, btu if there is nothing physically wrong with you and your husband ever becomes open to donor products. Some couples attempt insemination on their own using the conception caps. Basically you go to a reputable donor service, get the sample, and put it in the cap. The cap is then fitted over the cervix to get it where it needs to be. You hear about this a lot in the lesbian forums. It's not as sucessful as IVF, but it's much much cheaper and you can attempt many times.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....