It took 1 round of clomid and now i am 5wks. Thanx for all the support girls.

**sending lots of baby dust to all**
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
aw congratulations hun!!
Smile
|

replied July 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Congratulations girl... Hope you have a healthy and safe 9 months.
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2007
Experienced User
Yeah! Congratulations!
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Congrats!! The same happened to me I was on clomid and metformin for 1 month and now I am 39 weeks pregnant!!
Hope everything goes well for you! Smile
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2007
Experienced User
Congrats!
|

replied July 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Congrats. Hope all goes well!
|

replied July 27th, 2007
is clomid similar to Femara. I used three rounds of Femara and nothign yet.
|

replied July 27th, 2007
Experienced User
Hi
dasilva_1979 wrote:
is clomid similar to Femara. I used three rounds of Femara and nothign yet.

I dont think femara is the same but then again i have never used or heard anybody get preggers with it. I would recommend clomid. I mean it worked for me in the 1st round and i am so excited. My friend is using it also for the first time next month because it worked for me so i am crossing my fingers for her.

Good luck to you.

This is what i found out about femara:

Letrozole, (the brand name of which is Femara) is primarily a drug used by breast cancer patients. But recently, it came into use in the infertility industry.

In the recent years, Femara has been one of the most efficient infertility drugs. However, recent studies suggest that it is somehow associated with low number of birth defects. Birth defects arise when Femara is used during the period of pregnancy. Yet when administered before the establishment of pregnancy, no adverse consequences are found. Nonetheless, the manufacturer of Femara accepted absolute responsibility over those cases that ended up with birth defects.

Femara works by suppressing the production of estrogen. Thus, creating the effect of producing more hormones that work solely for ovarian stimulation. These hormones namely LH and FSH help in both the processes of ovulation induction and superovulation. As a result, Femara has become widely accepted as an infertility drug.

Treatment using Femara have shown substantially higher rates of success as compared with those produced by other drugs like Clomid. In fact, it is known that while patients have failed to ovulate using other medications, there are still possibilities that they will do when Femara is administered in their case.

Common Side Effects of Femara
- Breast tenderness
- Headaches
- Hot flashes
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Congrats wantingajr!! I'm so happy for you. Come join us on the pregnancy board throughout your pregnancy. I am currently 12 weeks and ended up pregnant before I even got to use the clomid.
|

replied July 27th, 2007
Experienced User
oh good for you. that is such great news. wish you the best of luck with everything. Smile
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2007
Experienced User
Wohoo So happy for you, Wishing you happy & healthy 9 months.
|

replied July 28th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
That is wonderful news! I'm happy for you and wish you a healthy 9 months.
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2007
Experienced User
Congratulations Sweetie! That is awsome to hear Smile MG is right now you have to just over to the pregnancy board too.. I am currently 25 weeks preggo and trust me it goes by fast.. Good luck and I am wishing you a happy and healthy 9 mo. Smile
|

replied July 31st, 2007
Experienced User
I am completely and totally confused. Got 2 faint positives and went to the dr. to get blood test done. Results were supposed to be ready on friday. He checked my breasts and he said, "yep this are preggo breasts" and so I was so happy because my dream had come true. Next day comes and I get the call from the dr's office saying that the blood test results came back negative.....?????????

No af as of yet so i am so scared something else is wrong. HELP!!!!

Has this happened to anyone?????
But what its worth those few hours that i thought i was preggo I was the happiest person in the whole world. It was the happiest i've ever been in my entire life. And now i feel so empty inside with out strength to go on and ttc again....
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2007
Experienced User
I am so sorry. How early did you test? Are you still getting faint +s on hpts? Don't give up hope until af arrives.

That is pretty much how it happened for me my first round of clomid. Faint +s and a low beta (7) I was pregnant, but it just didn't "stick". I know it doesn't make you feel any better, but my doctor said chemical pregnancies happen in 50% of first time pregnancies. Just be happy that you can get pregnant, and try again next month.
|

replied July 31st, 2007
Experienced User
MrsLtd wrote:
I am so sorry. How early did you test? Are you still getting faint +s on hpts? Don't give up hope until af arrives.

That is pretty much how it happened for me my first round of clomid. Faint +s and a low beta (7) I was pregnant, but it just didn't "stick". I know it doesn't make you feel any better, but my doctor said chemical pregnancies happen in 50% of first time pregnancies. Just be happy that you can get pregnant, and try again next month.

The last clomid pill was on 6/29 so i would have O'd on the 7/4-7-5. I tested on wed 7/25 and got a faint +. tested again on thurs 7/26 and got another faint +. So that same day i went in to the dr and he "confirmed pregnancy" The boobs were the "right" way to be preggo and i was cramping so it was normal since baby was on top of bladder and getting ready to get where it was supposed to go. So friday i get the call from the drs office and blood tests are neg...I am so sad and depressed at this point that i am not trying anymore this would be the last month for me. Good luck to the ones that continue after the dissappointments but i just cant.

Did you have the cramping and sore breasts?? Did u test again after and got another +???
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2007
Experienced User
Don't give up! It can take a few rounds of clomid, please just try a few more times. I know it is so hard, I am right there with you. This is my 2nd round and bfn. I am so heartbroken, and was not going to try next month, but dh said we deserve to try again. You deserve it too. Just think of how much more you will appreciate all of this when you finally get your beautiful baby. We are too young to count ourselves out yet!

Yes, I had sore breasts and alot of cramping with my bfp. I really felt different, like I was pregnant.

Did your dr send you for a 21 day progesterone test? Did it show that you had a good o?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....