I know I really need to go the the dr. but I have no insurance at this time so I'd like to hear what your opinions are on what could be wrong with me. Here's my story. Three years ago at work I noticed a lump near my collar bone. It didn't really hurt but it was uncomfortable from swelling. I went to the dr and he said he thought my lymph node was infected. I took antibiotics and it went away. A year later I got a horrible tooth ache. My whole bottom jaw hurt so bad I couldn't eat or sleep. I went to the dentist they took xrays and told me there was nothing wrong and they didn't know why I was in so much pain. Another year later the same thing with my lower jaw happened except this time my chin swelled. I looked like Jay Leno seriously. So I went to the ER and they didn't even look me over but told me it was a gum infection. Again I took antiobitic and it went away. A few months later it happened again so I went to another dr. She told me she didn't have a clue but it wasn't a gum infection because my gums were perfectly healthy. She did blood work and it came back that I had a viral infection. I then lost my insurance and since it has flared up several times. Not as bad but my chin is constantly tender to the touch. My bottom gums hurt occasionally too. So has anyone else experienced anything like this? I am a smoker and have wondered if that had anything to do with it. If it's a viral infection what type of viral infection sticks around this long? Any advice would help. Thank you for listening.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
There is a lymph node in the area you are explaining. I had that happen once too. It probably is just infected again. If it's viral then it should go away in a couple weeks on its own. If it doesn't get better though you do need to go to the doctor.
|

replied December 10th, 2010
My story all started with a lymph node on the right side of my neck...i have been ongoing the same as u are for a year now the bump on your collarbone sounds like bruxism..which is from grinding your teeth or a bad bite... i have this on the inner left side of collarbone, this is related to jaw problem called TMJD. i didnt realize anything was wrong until i realized that my left jaw disk was slipping out for 2 months, i so tired and alot of cold like symptons, then i got two bumps on my shoulder two different times, one was on top and then the next was on my shoulder blade. i went to ER and they said i hyper-extended my arm even though i didnt do anything to trigger it! he asked if i played hockey? which i didn't..? he put my on anti-flammatories..but something was wrong.. it felt like something was attacking my muscle on the left side of my shoulder, so i went on biaxin started to spit up green stuff gross... it all subsided back right into my left disk. my disk stopped slipping out! everything got soooo tight around the neck my bump on my collar bone got bigger also. Then my throat started to hurt! had red bumps in the back of my tounge doctor said i had a viral infection! he asked "did i get bit by anything" i said "no ive been doing nothing except lay in bed" so on stronger anitbiotic Azithromycin. went right back into my ear and disk, felt good again, this happened three times! the third time i took strong anti-flammatories torudol it relaxed everything! but something was attacking my muscle on the ENTIRE left side of my body slooowwwllyy.. anit falmmatories just made it worse! then red bumps on the back of my toungue again sooo everything traveled beck into my disk i said i feel like my disk in infecting me!!! no one not even my family believe me....i had 2 CT scan done and 3 xrays they said it look like a mucus cyst on my left disk they didnt think anything of it, its just a cyst...so went to doctors againthe 8th time and he said u have a infectious herniated jaw disk! he felt terrible cause he had no idea what was goin on...even though i told him it feels like my disk is infecting me like 5 times!... im getting surgery done in march to drain it and get corrective jaw surgery... i have a terrible bite... which made my disk slipped out from a crossbite amd a oversized bottom jaw. this is over a course of a year btw its terrible and no one believed me not even the doctors! everything was just fine in my blood work except my hemoglobin was at 136 b4, the "infection" was down the whole left side of my body dropped to 110 that was within a week..
i hope this helps i would really look into your jaw problems and oral cavities, tooth or salvary gland infections
|
Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...