my cycles over the past year have been very irregular ranging from 17 days to 42 days e.g last month was 41 days now this month it was 17 days, so i never know when my period will show, is this unusual, does anyone know likly causes, and should i see my dr.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 27th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Very unusual periods like that should be discussed with a doctor, since obviously it's pretty frustrating. You can get on pills that will regulate it so you always know when it will come Smile
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2007
Supporter
Agree!!! see your doctor, he will likely do some blood work, ultrasounds, to rule out problems! bcp will likely be given to help regulate your periods!
wishing you all the best!
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2007
Estrogen Levels?
Have you had your estrogen levels checked? If not see your doc and find out where you are sitting.

If you have high estrogen levels the side effects you mentioned can be the symptoms.

My mum use to have a similar problem and it all came down to her being estrogen dominant. She had high amounts, which caused her to bleed excessively and for long periods of time.

She used a natural topical progesterone cream (which balances the hormone) as well as wild yam and maca tea. These as well as eating more fruits, nuts, grains and vegetables, phytofoods, exercising and sleeping well fixed her up in about 3 months.

Good Luck
|
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...