Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

How to improve saggy breasts ? Plastic surgery ?

User Profile
I am a young female and I have saggy breasts. I know it is not normal for my age and as a result I have extremely low self esteem, especially when it comes to men. I am wondering whether or not I would be able to have an operation to uplift my breasts on the NHS? If not, is there anything I can do to help change them without surgery? Thankyou for your time and help.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2007
Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Answer A3194
Your breasts can be corrected only with surgery. You can consult some plastic surgeon about this. I'm not an expert on the English medical system, but in my country plastic surgeries are paid for by Health insurance only if they are medically indicated. Examples of medically necessary procedures include the reconstructive plastic surgeries that are necessary after some injury or disease (usually tumors). Aesthetic plastic surgeries (enlarging or lifting the breasts) are usually not paid by the health insurance because they are usually not medically indicated but only for asked by the patents.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.