Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

How Many Here With Suspicious Lesions Or Actual Skin Cancer?

Just wondering.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 6th, 2004
Supporter
Malignant Melanoma?
Hi, had a malignant melanoma removed almost 4 years ago this august. I go every year for total body scan to dermatologist, also for blood work and chest xrays! This mole came up from nowhere size of a tiny deer tick. I keep a check on myself now! Surprised
|

replied July 27th, 2004
Having mose surgery tomorrow for basal cell cancer.
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2004
Supporter
to Catnip!
Catnip, I will say a special prayer for you tonight! I do know god will be with you, so you havent' anything to worry about! I too had the mose @ emory in atlanta! Take care of yourself!
|

replied July 27th, 2004
Thanks for your kind thoughts. As you can imagine, I am a little nervous tonight. Of course, the most important thing is to get all the cancer out, but I am still wondering how big the scar will be, since it's right in the middle of my forehead. Confused

I used to live in atlanta. I went to x-ray school there at piedmont hospital back in the 70's and lived there again in the late 80's in decatur. My husband went to emory, too!
Small world, eh? Rolling Eyes
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2004
Supporter
Please Keep In Touch!
Catnip, please send me a private message if and when you see this. I just now read the part where you are a little nervous about this morning. I wish I could be there with you to hold your hand and use my humor to try to keep your thoughts happy instead of worry! Grow some bangs girlfriend and don't worry about a scar. They will get all of the cancer, at least its not malig. Melanoma like mine and your have to really worry if they get it all....And scars are like battle wounds! I've got lots!!!!!!!!!!I'd be most happy to share my experience with you. I love your id name! Just adopted my second "jerry lee" as my anniv. Present! We're a 2 cat family now! How I wish i'd gotten to talk to you about this so your mind could be at ease. I am looking forward to hearing from you very soon. You are gonna be just fine girl!
|

replied March 23rd, 2005
:) a little help for those 'would be' scars. After surgery and while healing, if you apply a little e oil to the skin surface the scars will heal smaller or almost none at all. I had bypass surgery and needless to say that leaves a rather large scar but e oil helped reduce what could have been pretty ugly. I also had surface stuff frozen off my face, after working out in sun for 25+ yrs and there doesn't seem to be any scar from those. Be sure to check with dermatologist for all this, but it works for me and others that I know.

:wink:
|

replied June 12th, 2005
I have heard that some innovations are made in the medical world regarding cancer and there is talk of some chicken eggs that can help fight cancer. Anybody has any idea of this? Is this true?
|

replied July 7th, 2005
Experienced User
Malignant Melanoma In-situ
I'm a 31 female and had a melanoma in-situ removed at age 28. Grew up a beach baby but have fair skin. Luckily, caught my melanoma early (stage 0), but I still go every 6 months for a skin check-up and have 4 to 5 things removed that were either benign or atypical (pre-cancerous). I'm very thankful I caught it early, but still have paranoia of recurrence. But, remember if melanoma is caught in its early stages, it has a 95% cure rate. Check you skin monthly and report any suspicious findings. Remember the a, b, c, d, and e's regarding moles or lesions. A is assymetry. Is the mole symmetrical or not. B is border-is the border of the mole clear or jagged? C is color: has the mole changed color recently or quickly? Has is become darker, lighter, or redder? D is diameter: has the mole increased in size? Anything bigger than a pencil could be cause for suspicion. E is elevation: is the mole flat or has it begun to grow up or elevate? All of these are red flags to take immediate action.
|

replied March 12th, 2010
Melanoma in situ and skin graft on cheek
I have had melanoma in situ and subsequent skin graft on my cheek.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....