well... june 21 was my last period. i had unprotected sex on july 7... and yesterday i found out im pregnant. a bit in shock. after all i thought the chances were very small. but anytime you have unproteced sex you are taking the chance of getting pregnant. wow, im sooo young and i dont know what to do. any suggestions? how do i tell my parents?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 26th, 2007
Supporter
i was 15 when i got pregnant and i had her about a week and a half after my 16th birthday. The only advice i can give you about telling your parents is do it as quick as possible because the longer you leave it the harder it will be and after all it's not going to go away
|

replied July 31st, 2007
Its always hard to tell your parents, but the longer you wait, the madder they'll be.
I was scared to tell my mom, because I've gotten pregnant before and she flipped out. This time around she didn't, she's been pretty supportive. Your parents might surprise you.
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
tell your parents as soon as possible. i was surprised when i told my parents. they were really supportive except i couldnt look in my dads eye until wills was born. my mum said she would be there for me whatever i decided. good luck x
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2007
Experienced User
well i waited a while to tell my parents but i was only like 2 months when they found out....but anyways... tell them now cause it is going to be harder later on during your pregnancy because they might be even more upset due to the fact you waited so long to tell them....
|

replied August 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
yeah i think im going to tell them after my first ultra sound this month... 19 more days. i still cant believe it. i feel like i need more than one test to say i am. :/ denial perhaps?
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
yeah it does take a while til it sinks in, but once youll see your baby on the ulrasound, so start to believe this is really happening and thats a real baby inside you thatll need care and support and for you to be there 24/7. its a scary feeling but a happy one. good luck
|

replied August 4th, 2007
Experienced User
yeah i think thats what its going to take. me to be able to see his/her little heart beat... i cant wait to feel him/her move either. this is going to be real hard but like you said exciting too.
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i didnt believe i was actually pregnant until the first ultrasound and it made it so exciting when i felt him move. my parents werent mad when i told them and were totally supportive and they adore my little william now and want to spend so much time with us. if you need any help or just need to talk pm me any time. i hope things go well for you. x
|

replied August 4th, 2007
Experienced User
yeah your parents sound real understanding... i mean my dad... hes the type of dad who has everthing planned out for me.. like your going to be a doctor and your going to like it... hes like that... and i can imagine his face... the anger... im going to like let him down... he wont understand.. hell most likely disown me practically.. i mean its not like im going to be a failure.. its just going to be different now. ill have a child i can still do what i wanted to do but itll be harder and ill have to work harder of course... but he wont understand that.. then hell probably be like whos the dad? and want to practially kill him or something. :/
thinking all that scares me.
and thats probably why im all in denial and stuff.
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i thought my dad would kill me. i mean i didnt even tell him, my mum did. i was too scared to tell them face to face so i went and stayed the nights at bobbys and told them over the phone. i couldnt look in my dad's face until after william was born. i just felt ashamed that i let my dad down cos i was his little angel who did everything right in his eyes. i let him down completely. i was in college, doing childcare. i was doing something with my life and i get pregnant and everything comes to a halt. i mean my dads ok with it now. he loves william unconditionally. he wouldnt change it for the world but i cant say it was easy. it wasnt. it was damn hard telling them but it had to be done. they would find out eventually and be hurt if they found out and you didnt tell them
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
Experienced User
Im 16 Yrs Old
Idk if im preg or not....I took a test but it came out neg...I wasnt sure If i took it too soon.so today ima take a new one.....Did u tell ur parents yet? Im not tellin mine till I find out if I am or not
|

replied August 4th, 2007
Experienced User
well you were in college correct?
im barely in high school.
i feel so young.
im going to tell them its just a matter of when and how... im planning on going to my ultra sound the 22 and then showing them the picture of the baby and then handing the papers saying im pregnant.
if i told them over the phone i think theyd go get me no matter how far i was. lol. my dads crazy.
its weird though... i had symptoms of peeing alot, i threw up once, cramping... everything went away.
now im just tired..yet i dont nap as much as i was like last week.
im kinda moody but are the rest of the symptoms supposed to have went away so early?
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
well i cant comment on that, i didnt get many. i didnt feel preggers apart from the tiredness and grumpiness, i just felt like i was on my period constantly lol. yeah i was in college but in the uk you're 16 when you start college. i was only there for 2 months! i think thats a good idea to show them a scan picture, its like saying its happening and theres nothing you can do about it and they may soften to the idea after seeing your baby
|

replied August 5th, 2007
Experienced User
yeah so hopefully it works... i think its easier for me than just telling them straight out. oh i forgot your from the uk. so is there many pregnant women there?
|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
yes...loads! everywhere i go theres somebody about to drop, makes me want another one. theres loads of teenagers pregnant too, too many if you ask me! i know about 12 who i my friends and have had babies and i know a few now that are preggers. you tend to meet more young mums once you've had your babies as you tend to go to the same places. i thought i was alone when i got pregnant, until i went to the youth centre which did a young mums group there. its made me more confident going there. i would suggest looking in your area and seeing if some centre did something like that. its worth while. is there many pregnant people where you live?
|

replied August 6th, 2007
Experienced User
rosejackson wrote:
yes...loads! everywhere i go theres somebody about to drop, makes me want another one. theres loads of teenagers pregnant too, too many if you ask me! i know about 12 who i my friends and have had babies and i know a few now that are preggers. you tend to meet more young mums once you've had your babies as you tend to go to the same places. i thought i was alone when i got pregnant, until i went to the youth centre which did a young mums group there. its made me more confident going there. i would suggest looking in your area and seeing if some centre did something like that. its worth while. is there many pregnant people where you live?

yeah well now there is. thers lot of teen mommas. and i never thought id be one of them. but yeah they offered me a place like that. until the babys at least 1 year old. i can go there and talk to other pregnant or already had there babys and stuff.
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
its a really good place as it gives you confidence, sharing experiences and stuff. youll feel more confident about the birth aswell, hearing it from other people your age.
|

replied August 7th, 2007
Experienced User
yeah well hopefully in 2 weeks ill start going or something... ill know in 2 weeks about everything and thats when im going to make my first appointment.
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
good luck
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...