Hey everyone, my name is mike. Im 40 years old and was diagnosed with gout about 4 years ago. I had an attack maybe once a year lasting about 2 weeks. Well, in the beggining of March i started having pain in my right knee so i figured it was my annual gout attack. Well, two weeks goes by and the pain has just not gone away. 2weeks turns into a month and now almost 5 months later I still have this pain, but not only is it in my right knee now it is in my left knee, left big toe, right big toe, and both ankles. I was fired from my job due to this nightmare and cannot support my family. Ive been on and off medications and i have no insurance. I just want answers. Will i be crippled for the rest of my life? Has anyone else had this? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 25th, 2007
Experienced User
I am very sorry for the predicament you are in. I am sure with proper diagnosis and treatment you will be healthy again.

Can you go to see doctors at a county hospital? Does your disability insurance you had when you were working provide disability benefits now, including medical coverage? You may like to look into that. good luck.
|

replied October 27th, 2007
|
Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....