I have just recently discovered a lump in my breast and am really freaked out about what is ahead for my life. I am desperately afraid to see a doctor because of information I've come across.
Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Lump In Breast
maddygirl wrote:
I have just recently discovered a lump in my breast and am really freaked out about what is ahead for my life. I am desperately afraid to see a doctor because of information I've come across.
Thanks


Are you noticing some other changes of your breast(leaking or bleeding from your nipple, enlarged breast)? Did you exam your armpit, because lymph nodes can be swollen before you could find something on your breast. How old are you? If you are teenager or in your late 20's probably it's a fibroadenoma, which is a benign tumor that does not lead to a cancer but some malignant tumors can be easily mistaken for it. It's a solid, smooth, firm, benign lump movable within other breast tissue, usually find near the left breast areola. Don't be afraid of anything. Even most severe breast cancer that are find on time are curable.
Hope i helped!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 22nd, 2007
Reply 1
a little more information for you. I am 42 years old, had a complete hysterectomy approxamitely 7 years ago. I do not have any leakage or bleeding. The lump is not moveable tissue. The breast inside is enlarged and outside is swollen. I am currently not taking any medications. I do not have a doctor or insurance.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 22nd, 2007
Message to Maddygirl
I'm 42 and have just had my 2nd ''all clear'' from breast cancer. I found a lump in each breast while having a shower. Next morning I was at the doctors to check it out. No matter if it is just a cyst NEVER think you are being silly or wasting the doctors time. Get the lump checked. You know the worst part? It's the time between finding the lump and finding out what it is. Your head conjures up every possible scenario. You imagine the worst, then you think it'll all be fine, then you wonder what you will do if it is cancer, then you think it's probably nothing. You will wonder and think and wonder and think until you find out. Knowing is better than not knowing. Knowledge is power. Once you find out, then you take it one day at a time. Once I knew I had breast cancer in both breasts at the same time it answered why I'd been feeling not quite right for about a year and I just moved onto fixing the problem with my body. Just a slight glitch in life. I am one of the fortunate ones. It was early breast cancer. Still a very scary experience, but then anything unknown is. I will never trivialise the experience and nor is it ever the same for anyone but if you tackle the outcome positively then you're winning anyway. Good luck Maddygirl
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Reply 1
cissalee33 wrote:
a little more information for you. I am 42 years old, had a complete hysterectomy approxamitely 7 years ago. I do not have any leakage or bleeding. The lump is not moveable tissue. The breast inside is enlarged and outside is swollen. I am currently not taking any medications. I do not have a doctor or insurance.



For how long do you have enlarged and swollen breast? Do you have redness and do you feel heat in it? Have you checked your armpit for swollen lymph nodes?
I think you should consider buying a health plan and visit a doctor who can referre you to a specialist at a clinic of thoracic surgery. There you could have all important exames.

Thinking of you! Good luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Message to Maddygirl
GeckoGal65 wrote:
I'm 42 and have just had my 2nd ''all clear'' from breast cancer. I found a lump in each breast while having a shower. Next morning I was at the doctors to check it out. No matter if it is just a cyst NEVER think you are being silly or wasting the doctors time. Get the lump checked. You know the worst part? It's the time between finding the lump and finding out what it is. Your head conjures up every possible scenario. You imagine the worst, then you think it'll all be fine, then you wonder what you will do if it is cancer, then you think it's probably nothing. You will wonder and think and wonder and think until you find out. Knowing is better than not knowing. Knowledge is power. Once you find out, then you take it one day at a time. Once I knew I had breast cancer in both breasts at the same time it answered why I'd been feeling not quite right for about a year and I just moved onto fixing the problem with my body. Just a slight glitch in life. I am one of the fortunate ones. It was early breast cancer. Still a very scary experience, but then anything unknown is. I will never trivialise the experience and nor is it ever the same for anyone but if you tackle the outcome positively then you're winning anyway. Good luck Maddygirl


Hi, GeckoGal65! Welcome to ehealthforum!

I admire you for your positiveness. I agree with you that knowing and discovering the problem is a way to solve it and the positive thinking can bring only the best resolving. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm sure many people will find it helpful.
Best wishes!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....