Hello,

I am new to this forum. My DH and I are TTC for 3 years now. Finally and seeing RE and things seem to be moving right along. we have unexplained infertility (all systems are running appropriately).

I recommend two books if anyone is interested: I got them at Barnes and Noble.

"The Infertility Survival Handbook" by Elizabeth Swire Falker
and
"The Conception Chronicles"

Lots of candid advice on everything including what to expect for treatments to how they seem to dominate your life. I couldn't put them down.

I am about a week away from starting our next cycle. We are doing Clomid 50 mg, follicular studies, HCG injections with timed IUI, and progestrone suppositories. anyone else in my situation?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Good Luck! I hope everything works out for you this month. I read the conception chronicles too and it was a wonderful book.
|

replied July 24th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
My dh and I have been trying for about 11 months. We just delayed our RE appointment to get all of our authorizations and referrals in order and to get a better idea of the financial aspects of the RE. We haven't had any tests, unless you count the home semen test my dh did. I chart and do opk. I am very ready to start trying to figure out why we can't seem to get pregnant.
|

replied July 25th, 2007
Experienced User
hello welcome to the forum. i hope that things work out for you and your husband. i can't imagine trying for 3 years. good luck and lots of baby dust.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....