Medical Questions > Cancer > Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Forum

Had Sex With Someone With Cervical Cancer (Page 1)

I had sex with someone who has cervical cancer......unprotected.

Apparantly she goes for smear tests quite often to be checked out.

She can't have children.

Will I have caught anything, an STI/STD possibly?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Sometimes cervical cancer is caused by genital warts. If she has regular pap smears and didn't mention having genital warts and allowed you to have sex with her unprotected, then you can guess that you are probably fine. However, if you don't know that you can trust her, then maybe you should be tested.
|

replied July 24th, 2007
I don't know her that well.

Apparantly the HPV is a high factor in causing cervical cancer cells.....this means theres a good chance that she culd have that virus.

If she has that virus, then theres a good chance I have it. But reading on the internet....males cant get tested for the HPV virus?
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
That's unfortunate. You should be tested for STDs immediately. I do not know how they test men, but if you don't know her that well, then you probably don't have just HPV to worry about.
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I got HPV from a man so yes. Men can get it too
|

replied July 24th, 2007
ah well

my lifes over....need to go through it thinking I might have it...or might not.....and theres no way of finding out! great.
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Your life is not over. There are 100 strains of HPV. Not ALL are related to warts. Even if you do have it your life is not over. I don't knwo what they do for men, but i had mine froze off, and i have had clean paps for over 3 years now
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
|

replied August 2nd, 2007
I contracted Hpv quite a few years ago of my b/f at the time who knew but decided to keep it to himself Shocked , I didn't find out til after the relationship was over and i went for a pap smear. All is good now and has been for several years. I just wanted to make the comment of what i was told- That the Hpv really only affects women, men are purely a carrier, for men it is purely cosmetic. Correctly me please if I am incorrect, as i stated first off, This is just what i was informed.
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2007
How are you feeling now?
|

replied August 5th, 2007
Dale
Hi again, Not sure if it was me you were asking about, if so, im great. I had laser treatment and cleared what was present at the time, I had to up my pap smears from every 6 months (2) then every 12 months (2 years) now on every 2 years. Have had no reaccurance, phew. But it is something that I will be aware of as im sure it can sit dormant for many years and re surface when you least expect it. This all happened/started about 15 years ago. Also, do you know, was i correct? Not affecting men other than cosmetically?
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2007
Re: Dale
*Dee* wrote:
Hi again, Not sure if it was me you were asking about, if so, im great. I had laser treatment and cleared what was present at the time, I had to up my pap smears from every 6 months (2) then every 12 months (2 years) now on every 2 years. Have had no reaccurance, phew. But it is something that I will be aware of as im sure it can sit dormant for many years and re surface when you least expect it. This all happened/started about 15 years ago. Also, do you know, was i correct? Not affecting men other than cosmetically?

If you look at the website it may show you more. I am glad that you're getting help. I sure hope that is all works out for you. I didn't know this. I should get checked for cervical cancer. Alot of woman in my family get it.
|

replied August 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
There is no test for HPV in men, and sicne it is most likely high risk HPV the chance of you ever showing signs of it are slim to none. It would also be a good idea to elt your future sex partners know about this so they can get checked often with regular pap smears.
|

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2007
Re: Had Sex With Someone With Cervical Cancer
life_sucks wrote:
I had sex with someone who has cervical cancer......unprotected.

Apparantly she goes for smear tests quite often to be checked out.

She can't have children.

Will I have caught anything, an STI/STD possibly?

How are you doing now?
|

replied August 27th, 2007
I havve been tested for Chlamydia twice, negative.

Had a swab taken with nothing found.

Had blood tests taken both negative for Syphillis and HIV.

I read that it can take about 3 months for a tets to actually show you have HIV so yeh im extremely worried.
It has only been 4/5 weeks since my exposure to this woman.

I still have STD Symptoms though, penis itch, shooting genital pain.

Feel sickness, sore head constantly.

I was completly fine before that night with that girl
|

User Profile
replied April 29th, 2008
HPV is a disease that only has major affects in women that lead to cervical cancer and possible ovarian cancer if spreading occurs or lack of proper treatment for cervical cancer. You should not contract this disease because as the woman a few rplies above said men are merely carries and are not affected by it but onyl maybe if any a very few. Even then if she has cervical cancer from HPV because Cervical isnt always caused by HPV then the type she has if it is cause by HPV you shouldnt get. But i am not a doctor so i can not say for sure but i have been through this crap plenty of times.
|

replied July 30th, 2008
You are still not protected fully from HPV even if you use a condom sorry to say

Can HPV infection be prevented?
The surest way to eliminate risk for genital HPV infection is to refrain from any genital contact with another individual.

For those who choose to be sexually active, a long-term, mutually monogamous relationship with an uninfected partner is the strategy most likely to prevent genital HPV infection. However, it is difficult to determine whether a partner who has been sexually active in the past is currently infected.

HPV infection can occur in both male and female genital areas that are covered or protected by a latex condom, as well as in areas that are not covered. Although the degree of protection provided by condoms in preventing HPV infection is unknown, condom use has been associated with a lower rate of cervical cancer.
|

replied September 18th, 2008
read about it with the cdc
dont worry to much, i had cervical cancer and my guy is fine. when we found out we went to cdc online and found out a lot more then the doctor told us. i had my surgury a year and a half ago and my boyfriend is fine, not all cervical cancer is caused my hpv, both my grandmothers had it and now me. still go in to a doctor and have your self tested, what you did wasnt smart but we have all been there, take care of yourself good luck and be smart
|

replied April 3rd, 2009
To the OP
You are most likely feeling sick b/c you are freaking out. The shooting pain is probably from some intense inspections. The itching is probably chaffing perhaps from intense "J" time...lol Relax man. Trust me, Ive been through the same thing. How many times have you asked yourself, "Why didn't I listen in health class?"

They was I see it, unless she had another wart show up, youre most likely alright. Part of the cancer treatment is radiation. If radiation kills cancer, I dont see why it wouldnt kill warts. Have you seen the burns a cancer patient gets from radiation? Pretty rough.
|

replied April 18th, 2011
That's what life throws at people that sleep with whomever gets naked in front of them... that's sad but very true... but if you haven't started showing signs yet than most likely you didn't contract it... but they can take a sample from your penis whatever discharge you have in your penis... you should have them do that... NEXT TIME DON'T HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX! SPECIALLY IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE PERSON...
|
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....