The "cyst" is in fact NOT a cyst, but a tumor. The second opinion doctor referred me to an orthopediac oncologist. He confirmed that this is a tumor and is pushing up on my kneecap causing me all of this pain. I am so angry, I told the first doctor about this pain a long time ago. Now this tumor is just getting bigger and it's growing faster. So I am scheduled for surgery on the 18th of September, that was the quickest they could get me in. At this point, they don't know what kind of tumor it is. They will do a biopsy the day of surgery, so I'll find out when I'm all durgged up if this is malignant or not.

I have a high tolerance for pain and am so upset that the first doctor totally blew me off, as a result I will have a much more invasive surgery to deal with. Not to mention, I had to live with this pain for some time now. Plus a bigger scar! This could have been removed when it was smaller, but NO I was not taken seriously and was looked at like I was some kind of crazy women complaining about some made-up pain. I feel like going back to the first doctor and telling him off, I am just so mad!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Please post in appropriate forum so that you may get answers Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Cervical cancer typically develops over many years. But when does cervical cancer occur and how do doctors define the disease? ...
How are HPV and cervical cancer related? And how can you place yourself out of risk for developing cervical cancer? More here....
Abnormal menstruation can be a sign of cervical cancer. Learn the signs and symptoms of serious "female problems" and when to seek medical help here....