Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Bad sleeping habits , weight gain , constipation

hello, i need some help regarding a few problems that i am facing, please help soon, i am a 20 yr old female 51kg and 5feet 1inch

1- my first problem is that i sleep alot, i have these weird bouts of sleepiness, its not that i cant control my sleeping habits but most of the time when i feel sleepy (although i had a good nights sleep) i just sort of give in and prefer sleeping.
i sleep during lectures, i sleep while commuting on bus or while in a car too(not driving) ... i find it difficult to wake up early (even if i have something important to do) i feel tired and drowsy even after i wake up and freshen up my self.

2- during last year n a half, i have gained considerable amount of weight, i was 44kg and now i am 51. considering i am not really a couch potato! .. i guess i have gained weight after i started my university as now i dont involve in much sports, yet i do have to walk alot. but before university when i was still in college and even in my school i was very actively involved in sports
also i find that most prominent weight gain is around my tummy!

3- i am constipated quite alot of times which is very uncomfortable.. i must mention here that i dont consume a lot of proteins, that is i dont strictly avoid meat but would consider myself a part-vegetarian.... i eat chicken, fish, egg, minced meat and meat balls, but other then this i dont each much of beaf/mutton but i do eat pulses. also i dont really feel very hungry most of the times even at meal times, and i can easyily miss meals! yet i take some junk food

please help me as i am sick of my sleeping habits and really do want to lose weight

thanks
ms. hasan
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 23rd, 2007
My advice would be to get more cardiovascular exercise (walking at a fast pace, running, jogging, swimming, bicycling). Anything to get your heart rate up. You wouldn't think so, but you do actually have more energy if you exercise on a regular basis. It can also help with your constipation and, of course, your weight. A multi-vitamin may also be helpful. If your problems continue, you may want to see your doctor to rule out any medical issues. Good luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....