Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Getting Pregnant After Miscarrage

User Profile
i had a miscarrage a few weeks ago and have been advised to wait to have sex until my next period and for the next 2 cycles to use condoms. So when we officialy start trying will it take us another 2 years like the first time?

*i have pcos
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i hope not Sad baby dust your way hun!
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
the_girlfreind wrote:
i hope not Sad baby dust your way hun!

thanks dear..... i wished i had met my husband sooner... Wink i'm going to be 30 if we get pregnant with in the next year when its born
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
So sorry about your miscarriage. I too, have pcos, am almost 30 and had a early miscarriage (chemical pregnancy) last month. I was curious as to how far along you were? My dr said I did not have to wait to ttc again, and it seemed strange to me. Just wondering what they told you. I feel like I should have waited to try again this month. Thanks, and good luck to you.
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
i was almost 10 weeks along. I have to wait because I had to have a d&c. That does seem a bit odd, but if you were not "that" pregnant then perhaps you body treats it no different than a pregnancy and you don't need time to heal.

What type of treatment and diet plan do they have you on?
|

replied July 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i was 13 weeks along when i had my d&c and i was told i could start trying again as soon as the bleeding stopped. i had no bleeding but i still waited about 10 days or so before having sex again. my d&c was at the end of october and i got pregnant about 3 months later (it had taken 8 months the first time).

they say you're most fertile after a m/c, abortion, or giving birth, so i wanted to start trying again asap.

all doctors say different things. if i were you and i had pcos and it had taken 2 years before, i'd be trying right now because of the increased fertility.

good luck! i hope whenever you go for it that it happens quick!

oh, and 30 is not old!!
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
Assena wrote:
i was almost 10 weeks along. I have to wait because I had to have a d&c. That does seem a bit odd, but if you were not "that" pregnant then perhaps you body treats it no different than a pregnancy and you don't need time to heal.

What type of treatment and diet plan do they have you on?

Oh, I am so sorry. I hope you get another bfp soon.

My Drs have me on a South Beach type diet. I can't take metformin due to some kidney issues, but they said sb diet, exercise and lots of water work the same way. I am also on clomid because I don't ovulate at all.
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
I had a m/c at 6wks. i didn't have to have a d&c. i was told to wait 2 cycles. But I didn't listen very well. I got pg again before my next cycle, and I had a healthly baby girl. we tried as soon as the bleeding stoped.
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
well DH wants to wait at least a month so that i am healed. so condoms it is.. LOL i have not bought them in oh... 5 years.. perhaps after my next cycle i can convince him that i'll be fine Smile and it will give me a little time to loose the 10 lbs i put on. Next time i am going to shy away from the ice cream... LOL
|

replied July 23rd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
So sorry about the miscarriage. I hope you get pregnant as soon as you are ready to start trying again.
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
the Plan
thanks guys.. i really appreciate the support. I'll just have to remember when we do try again... to
1. both of us quit caffiene
2. be sick so i take mucinex daily
3. fight for a week so that we only had sex 2 times in a month...Laughing

yeah it worked the last time Laughing.. perhaps it will be true this time?
|

replied July 25th, 2007
Experienced User
Afer I was pregnant the first time and had my daughter I seemed to get pregnant really easily after. I think you will have good luck but I would wait untill next month to start trying again, and maybe you could take some prenatal vitamins to help it along if you dont already.I'm sorry for your loss. Good luck and best wishes! Smile
|

User Profile
replied July 25th, 2007
Experienced User
worriedplshlp wrote:
Afer I was pregnant the first time and had my daughter I seemed to get pregnant really easily after. I think you will have good luck but I would wait untill next month to start trying again, and maybe you could take some prenatal vitamins to help it along if you dont already.I'm sorry for your loss. Good luck and best wishes! Smile

we are going to wait until i have a "normal" period before trying again.

i have been on prenatals for years... mulit-vitimans are just a good idea. unfortunatly prenatal vitimans are commonly mispercieved in aiding conception. They don't help or hinder the process... it just makes it so that when you do concieve the baby has what it needs to grow without depleting what you need as well.
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2007
I heard after M/C you are more fertile...I woudln't want to wait unless there is some reason that will harm a fetus...

I mean if you can get pregnant why not try..I woudln't want to pass up the chance if I was really more fertile the next month...again...I don't know if the doctor said to wait because of some risk with a pregnancy in there...but if not...what's the wait?
|

replied July 25th, 2009
I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks. I also had a D&C, on June 18. I had my first period on July 19, it was light and only 3 days long... I figured it would have been horrible. I am trying to get prego again, I hope it happens Smile

I am sorry for everyones lose and hopefully with time we will all have beautiful babies.
|

replied August 19th, 2011
Geting Pregnant after miscarrage with incompetant cervix
Seems nobody has posted since 2007. If this site still alive. I would like to know about getting pregnant again. I just miscarried 3 days ago at 15weeks. How long should I wait. I have PCOS taking metformin & insulin for dibetes, taking meds for thyrroid & High blod pressure. and have incompetant cervix. What are my odds?
|
Tags: pregnant, period, pcos, sex
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....