Ive been married for 4.5 years and been trying to have a baby from day one. I had an HSG test maybe 3 yrs ago and they found one of my tube is blocked. I also don't think I' m ovulating cause my cycle is very short. It comes like on average every 19 days. So it doesn't seem like I have a chance to ovulate.

Haven't taken any drugs to help with conception...but I'm not sure what to do now. It's very frustating of course. Any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
actually you should go to see a doc...after 1 year of trying it should work so everyone is differnt i would go get a check up if your not ovulating you can get clomid it worked for me i am like a little over 5 months now
|

replied July 25th, 2007
Experienced User
I would also suggest going to the doctor, I have never experienced this before so I don't know but her suggestion seems practical. Good luck! Smile
|

User Profile
replied July 25th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Help
bd wrote:
Ive been married for 4.5 years and been trying to have a baby from day one. I had an HSG test maybe 3 yrs ago and they found one of my tube is blocked. I also don't think I' m ovulating cause my cycle is very short. It comes like on average every 19 days. So it doesn't seem like I have a chance to ovulate.

Haven't taken any drugs to help with conception...but I'm not sure what to do now. It's very frustating of course. Any suggestions?

You really should see a RE. A short cycle doesn't have to mean you are not ovulating. You could have what is called a luteal phase defect. Your progesterone is what "holds" a pregnancy and the uterine lining in place. If you have a progesterone deficiency it can be easily fixed. The should do all the necessary blood work to tell. Good luck!
|

replied July 25th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I'm also on the doctor bandwagon. In addition, have you been charting or taking opk's? These can tell you when and whether you are ovulating.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....