User Profile
the other night my boyfriend and i went for a walk along the boardwalk where i live and when i got back home and actually sat down my toes were numb... it was strange it has never happened to me before and if i kept walking they were fine but it was only when i sat down to rest them... maybe it was too much walking? or maybe because i was wearing flip flops? has this ever happened to anyone else before?

Kristy Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
carpal tunnels syndrome

happens to my toes and fingers too

do you live in san antonio kristy?
|

replied July 22nd, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
yeah carpal tunnel syndrome is what you get in your hands. i think it's called tarsal tunnel in your feet. are your feet swollen? the heat doesn't help much with that. my feet get swollen and tingly but if it were tarsal tunnel syndrome i would wonder if that would get painful at some point. maybe if you mentioned it to your doctor they could help answer that. i think they might just tell you to take breaks and put your feet up during the day and make sure to get plenty of water. you have to take it easy on yourself when you're pregnant, especially in the heat. sometimes it sucks but it's only for 9 months.
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah the heat has been killing me. We have had 100+ for over 4 days here. And most of the days has been upper 90s. But i have never had toes tingling, but my hands are always tingling lol. But i'm only 18 weeks. Maybe thats why.
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
No i don't live in san antonio and yes my feet do swell but usually just when im on them alot or when it is really hot. i wasn't too worried about it though because it went away after a lil while of having my feet up so i just figured i over walked them since it was at night and all
|

replied July 22nd, 2007
You were probably having some decrease in circulation due to edema (swelling). Being on your feet and the temperature play a large role in that. The excess fluid in your feet were probably not allowing the blood to flow properly. Since it got better when you got home and put your feet up, I wouldn't at all be concerned. Next time, you may want to limit your walks to the cooler evening time and only for a short period of time. It's great that you are taking walks, though! Best wishes!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...