Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

Low sperm count - is varicocele related to retrograde ejacul

User Profile
Why the sperm came out after peeing(it only happened once)
& why my sperm count went down within few months and after the veins surgey?(from 6Mil/ml TO 0.8Mil/ml)

I asked my doctor and he couldnt answer me
Thanks,

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2007
Infertility Answer A3163
You wrote:

"Diagnosis that has been suggested: Low sperm count + motility

Current medical status: I had veicocele surgery 3 months ago and after one week I had a strange icedent that after peeing a lot of sperms came out for no reason!! I check with the doctor and he couldn't explain why this is happened! the problem that my sperm count was 26mil/ml 3 years ago and we did the test few months ago it became 6 mil/ml therefore the doctor suggested to do veins surgery since he found some veins on the left side....I did the semen test few days ago and the sperm count went down to 0.8mil/ml and with 90% immotility!!!

Current medical treatment: I had veicocele surgery 3 months ago and after one week I had a strange icedent that after peeing a lot of sperms came out for no reason!! I check with the doctor and he couldn't explain why this is happened! the problem that my sperm count was 26mil/ml 3 years ago and we did the test few months ago it became 6 mil/ml therefore the doctor suggested to do veins surgery since he found some veins on the left side....I did the semen test few days ago and the sperm count went down to 0.8mil/ml and with 90% immotility!!!"

In over 50% of cases, the reason for male sterility remains unknown. Varicocele is one of the known reasons for male sterility. Varicocele is defined as enlarged testicular veins. Enlarged veins cause bigger blood circulation and increase the testicle’s temperature. Increased temperature disturbs the spermatogenesis (spermatozoid production). Varicocele is treated surgically.

Sperm in the urine has nothing to do with varicocele and might indicate retrograde ejaculation. During ejaculation, the bladder sphincter should be closed. If the bladder is not closed, sperm can enter the bladder instead of the urethra. Retrograde ejaculation might be the reason for this rapid decrease in sperm count. You can request urinary analyses to confirm or exclude retrograde ejaculation.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Infertility , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.