For fun i took a preggo test ( my period isnt due till Tuesday the 31 ) i have a 27 day cycle, and my last period was the 5th of July.....

Sorry im sad Sad

I hope this is my month... Crying or Very sad even though i have no hope Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 21st, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
You still have plenty of hope left. Let's see... you have a 27 day cycle and af is due in 10 days. This puts you at about 3 or 4 dpo. An hpt looks for a hormone that is only produced after a zygote implants in the uterus and it takes time for the fetus to produce enough hormone to be detected by an hpt. Implantation ususally occurs 6-10 dpo. The result is that hpts are simply not sensitive enough to detect pregnancy until at least about 10 dpo.

The test you took was probably before implantation, so it was just too soon to test. In general, the closer you test to the day af is due, the more accurate the test anyway.

Bottom-line: don't give up hope. You may yet get a bfp this month.
|

replied July 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
if your period isn't due until the 31st then a test wouldn't even be close to accurate right now. the earliest you can test is the 27th and even then it won't be 100% accurate.

you would have just ovulated around the 17th. i hope you were getting busy!
|

replied July 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
Ovulation Calender Chart
These were my ovulation ( from a calender chart )

MONTH 1:
7/05/07 - First day of your cycle
7/15/07 - A little bit fertile
7/16/07 - Fertile
7/17/07 - VERY fertile
7/18/07 - Time to ovulate

I had sex 13th,15th,16th,17th, and 18th. Also i did before that to....
|

replied July 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
its ok1 it might have been wayyy to early to even test!!!!!!! i know its hard but the 31st isnt too far away!
|

replied July 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
lol, thanks Suzy Razz
|

replied July 22nd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
If you ovulated on the 18th, then you tested 2 days past ovulation (dpo). The test is very unlikely to detect a hormone change until at least 10 dpo. Wait until at least the 28th to test again. Of course, the test will still be more accurate if you wait until several days past the 28th.
|

replied July 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
Yeah, thats what im going to do... If my period is over a week late i will test... Last time i waited till 15 days late..
|
Tags: pregnant, period
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....