Do you think I could be pregnant?
No, definitely not. There's no way you could be.
Probably not.
Maybe, but maybe not.
Yes, you probably are!
16%  16%  [ 1 ]
16%  16%  [ 1 ]
50%  50%  [ 3 ]
16%  16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6
User Profile
I am currently 21 and in my junior year of college. I am also married, and have been for over a year. I'm completely in love with my husband, but we were planning on just finishing college and enjoying each other before we started a family together.

I'm pretty sure that I started my last period on June 26th, but it may have been one day sooner or later. A few times on July 15th and a few days after we had UPS. My periods are pretty regular and I believe my cycle to be 28 days long, although sometimes I'm off on predicting them for a few days... probably because I haven't tracked them like I should lately. We didn't think this was during common "fertile days" since I'd probably ovulated days before, but now I'm starting to wonder what our chances would be that I actually did get pregnant. I would swear that I've felt waves of nausea the past two days, but I'm sure it's all in my head... isn't it too early to actually feel that? Anyway, I'm probably not pregnant... right?

Any advice or stories of people getting pregnant on/around this time of their cycles would be helpful. Also, I would love some friendly support to let me know that even though this wasn't planned... even though we are young... if I DO end up pregnant we CAN do this. I know that we aren't typical "broke college students", but of course we aren't rich either. We currently rent a three bedroom house near school, so we would have room and somewhat of a "proper" place to start a family. If I do end up pregnant we would both be thrilled... really, but I also feel like in the back of both our minds we would feel as if the kid would have gotten a better life if we would have waited like we'd planned. I just need help, advice, encouragement, friends... as I hold my breath for Monday... the day I should have definitely started my period by. Confused

Last edited by silvrbreeze on July 24th, 2007 05:48 PM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 20th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
if youve had unprotected sex then yep you could be pregnant

im 16 yrs old and 19 weeks pregnant and yes you can do this :]
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2007
If I'd already ovulated on the 14th day of my cycle (just guessing... not sure if my cycle is actually THAT regular as far as ovulating) and we started having unprotected sex days after the egg was released, wouldn't it be too late to become pregnant though? I always thought there was a window from like the 4th day of my cycle until like the 17th day...
IF we do end up pregnant though, we would both be very excited. I can't help but "just know" that I'm pregnant, you know? Like I'd swear I've felt waves of nausea over the past two days, particularly this morning when it was so bad I was sure I would lose it until I finally forced myself to take a few bites from a Special K granola bar. But that's crazy though... right? Even if I AM pregnant, it would be too early to feel it... right? But I'm most likely not pregnant any way... or am I?
Ahhhh.... I can't take all the anticipation and uncertainty! Shocked Any and all responses from you guys are appreciated!
|

replied July 20th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
you can get pregnant any time
even on your period

and yep its too early to tell and some people dont get any symptoms
morning sickness is not just in the morning it can last all day or just at night even
its too early to be feeling anything but your body could trick you into thinking your preg

trust me i didnt even know i was pregnant until 8 weeks. i had no signs
im not 19 weeks and still tiny 103lbs with a tummy barley popping out
i had morning sickness 2 times both in the afternoona nd other taht fatigue dizzyness and back aches i feel totally normal

Very Happy
|

replied July 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
silvrbreeze wrote:
If I'd already ovulated on the 14th day of my cycle (just guessing... not sure if my cycle is actually THAT regular as far as ovulating) and we started having unprotected sex days after the egg was released, wouldn't it be too late to become pregnant though? I always thought there was a window from like the 4th day of my cycle until like the 17th day...
IF we do end up pregnant though, we would both be very excited. I can't help but "just know" that I'm pregnant, you know? Like I'd swear I've felt waves of nausea over the past two days, particularly this morning when it was so bad I was sure I would lose it until I finally forced myself to take a few bites from a Special K granola bar. But that's crazy though... right? Even if I AM pregnant, it would be too early to feel it... right? But I'm most likely not pregnant any way... or am I?
Ahhhh.... I can't take all the anticipation and uncertainty! Shocked Any and all responses from you guys are appreciated!

The whole week around your day of ovulation is a no-no time. 2 days before, day of, and 2 days afterwards. As you said, you might not be exactly then, so add in a few more days for errors in calculations... you're unsafe for almost two weeks around the time of ovulation.
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2007
Hmm
Still no period. I guess I'm gonna swing by $tree and pick up a few tests.
|

replied July 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
Did you get the tests? what were the results?
|

replied July 22nd, 2007
I always say if you wait until everything is perfect to get pregnant, you never will. I had my first child when I was 20....we had been married a couple of years before. I know several people who had a baby while living in a 1 bedroom apartment. No matter what your situation, you just adapt and go on your merry way. I really am happy that I had my first child so young, because I am still young enough (28 now) to keep up with my kids! Whether you are pregnant or you aren't, if you and your husband are happy and supportive of each other, everything will turn out fine!
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2007
True True
That's true, thanks so much for the responses so far. No, I haven't gotten the tests yet... waiting on my husband to get home from work. I'm gonna hold my pee for as long as I can since I know I won't want to wait until the morning when I get them. I'd love to be pregnant, but I dunno if I actually have much of a chance of being since, that I know of at least, we didn't have UPS at the "right" time in my cycle...

I surely do feel pregnant though. No period yet, and for sure I should have started by today. I've never in my life had breast tenderness right before my period, but right now I feel as if I've been working out and I have that "Oh man, my pectoral muscles sure do hurt from all those push ups" feeling, you know? Isn't typical breast tenderness around the nipple when you are pregnant?

I did notice that yesterday and the day before I had higher than normal temperatures. I usually am 97.8 - 97.9 (I know I'm weird), but I had 98.9 and 99.1 the last two days. Haven't checked today... at the moment it is *checks*... 98.7. Urgh.

Needless to say, I'm a nervous wreck. And I would swear on my life I had waves of nausea the day before yesterday and a little earlier today. It was especially bad after I got out of the shower... but it HAS to be all in my head, right???
|

replied July 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yeah its ion your head

if you were preg it would be too early for those symptoms anyways

and also you might wanna wait a week beofre you test if you just missed your period today
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2007
So... It's Monday
Well, it's Monday. No period, and I still haven't taken a test. I'm telling you, I'm crazy. I haven't even bought one yet. I'm so scared of seeing the negative and having to accept that somehow all this was in my head and I shouldn't have bothered myself, my husband, or more importantly YOU ALL with it. I've had two "pregnancy" scares before... both really nothing to worry about, looking back, but still... taking those tests are hard. I've never actually wanted it to be positive before, so I guess it's scarier than ever. But this is what's going on: (every sentence of this will probably be too much information... but if you'd care to read, I'd love some help figuring out what could be going on Cool)

Yesterday I felt all nauseated in the shower, and later I remember my stomach not feeling good. Kinda crampy. I kept looking for my period in the bathroom all day and never showed, but I just assumed it was that. When my husband came home a lot earlier than normal and all of a sudden wanted to BD out of no where, I felt so bad it took way too much coaxing from him to win me over. Poor husbands and all we put them through. But anyway, I felt better afterwards, and finally later when I went to the bathroom, I noticed that when I wiped the fluids on the paper weren't 100% completely clear. It wasn't exactly what I would call colored... no hint of blood really, something I've never seen before (but then again I've never paid THIS much attention to my toilet paper before either). It was like TINTED a verrrryy light shade of pink, and I could only tell around the edges of the wetness on the paper. What the heck could that be. Still no period, and no typical signs at all. We've been BDing since the 15th without any form of birthcontrol since it would have happened then or never (TMI I know), but could this be me just not used to all the after affects of BDing without condoms?

I got really tired and fell asleep afterwards at 6 and slept until 9. We went to bed about 1, and I had to be up and at work at 8 but I could notttt sleep... probably because of my three hour nap. Sometimes I feel some sort of pressure on my chest (what I call my "heart hurting), and I had that all night on top of just not feeling right which could very well be me making myself sick with worry. All I know is it was very real that I could not fall asleep until well after 4 a.m.

Work was not fun this morning. The last three hours I felt a constant "car sick" feeling... not like I was about to throw up but like I might if I stayed in the car for another hour. If that even makes sense. I kept running to the bathroom looking for my period, but alas, here I am again. I haven't checked my still-in-bed temperature for two days, so my temperature streak means nothing anymore. Yesterday I got 98.8 after my shower and just now I got 98.7. Basically a bunch of nothing. Every time I mention to my husband that we should go to $tree and get some tests he says "You'll get your period tomorrow". I wish I could argue, but the fact is that I too am totally thinking the same thing. I want to take a test but I don't see how it's possible I could have ovulated then. Then again, I don't see how its possible people ovulate during their period. I'm starting to wonder if I should just wait until two weeks AFTER the 15th to test. Doesn't it have to be 2 weeks after ovulation when you have your period? I'm crazy... I need you girls to help me before I really lose my mind! I will suck it up and take a test soon. I just need to get the courage and have enough days of missed period to convince my babe that we should go through that again.
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Take a test! In pregnancy, it's very common to have light pink spotting after sex because the cervix becomes more sensitive. I spotted the first time having intercourse after my positive pregnancy test though not subsequent times. It really sounds like you could be pregnant...good luck!
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
Well today I woke up after feeling awful last night to find spotting. Haven't gotten a real "flow" yet, but my lower abdomen feels awful so I put in a tampon because I know it's my period.

Confused

It's okay though, it wasn't the right time for us after all. Thanks so sooo sooooo much for all of your wonderful responses. You are all so caring, and I appreciate you more than you know.

Good luck to all of you during your pregnancies!

Thanks again,
Loren
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
Welp
This is stiiilll an unsolved mystery. I want to cry. WHAT an emotional rollercoaster.

I took out the tampon earlier and was shocked to see that on my first day of my period (which is usually a heavy day for me), only the very edge of the tampon was stained. I wiped and wiped and I could not find so much as a spot of blood. I've stopped using tampons of course and even changed into a white pair of panties trying to figure out what the heck is going on. This was hours ago, and I still have not gotten a flow. I've gotten maybe two drops of blood (even after purposely being active and letting my little german shepherd puppy drag me all over on her walk) and its nothing like what I normally experience. Its not at all what I would think implantation blood would look like though. It's not "very light pink" or hardly noticeable. It's not totally brown either, more like almost completely red with a tingggeee off brown. I feel so confused!

Has anyone ever experienced this? I need ya'll to read this now more than ever as my husband is at work and will be until around 10 tonight. I can't go get a pregnancy test because I'm stuck here without the car. He's going to think I am crazy if I still haven't gotten my period by tonight and tell him that even though I THOUGHT I started, I still MIGHT be pregnant. He's never gonna wanna have sex with me again! Wink
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
I don't feel like I could be pregnant... and even though I'm not having cramps, my lower abdomen feels all icky and kinda painful, you know? I REALLY don't know what's going on. I feel pretty much like I'm on my period. I even started crying earlier over something really stupid and felt like my husband really hurt my feelings, and now I know I overreacted because I can't even remember what happened.

Ugh!!!
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Awe well good luck. Do you want to start a family now? I noticed yesterday my boyfriend had bought a test when he picked up a prescription the other day LOL I thought it was cute and funny. I think were going to try again.. I think maybe it was a hint. ANYWAY its always good to have one around
|

User Profile
replied July 25th, 2007
FINALLY took FRER test last night and got a big fat negative. My husband was taking the test in every room of the house and saying "well maybe we just need to look at it under a different light!" Laughing I think he was sad.

I woke up this morning to find my period in pretty much full swing, so I think it's safe to use a tampon. Of cousrse if I have anything else weird happen I'll take the other test.

Thanks again!

Loren
|

replied July 25th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
silvrbreeze wrote:
FINALLY took FRER test last night and got a big fat negative. My husband was taking the test in every room of the house and saying "well maybe we just need to look at it under a different light!" Laughing I think he was sad.

I woke up this morning to find my period in pretty much full swing, so I think it's safe to use a tampon. Of cousrse if I have anything else weird happen I'll take the other test.

Thanks again!

Loren

no problem loren
by the way i knowticed your from texas :] me too!!!!
|

User Profile
replied July 26th, 2007
Very Happy

I saw your post about finding out that you were having a girl. That is so exciting! I would feel as if my life couldn't get any better! Congrats! Smile
|

replied July 29th, 2007
Hey loren, I know this is late but I just wanted to add, isn't is weird how as soon as you take tha test the AF comes. That happened to me about 3 times I just *knew* I was pregnant, it was like everything in my body was convinced but then you get the negative and everything loses hope.

Best of luck in the future.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...