Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Coming off the pill and ttc

Me and my bf are trying for a baby.
Prob is that im still halfway through my pack of Birth control pills and have also missed more than 3.

Can I just stop taking the pack??

Will it take a long time for my body to go back to normal??

Also when am I alright to start taking the Folic Acid Tablets??

Please Help
Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 20th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I'm not sure about the birth control question, but you should start taking the folic acid right away. The most important time for folic acid is before you even know you are pregnant.
|

replied July 20th, 2007
Experienced User
Yes I have been taking Boots folic acid for months now and I just found out I am pregnant today. I think you should stop taking them now. They say to wait until you have a normal period so the sooner the better!
|

replied July 20th, 2007
I stopped birthcontrol in FEB 07. I would finish this pack the start keeping track of your peroids I have had a normal period since feb it ranges from 26-29 days. You have to focus on your fertile signs. Take folic acid NOW.

amanda
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....