Hello - I am hoping somebody out there can help me - I am miserable Crying or Very sad
Ever since I was 3 months pregnant (about 2 years ago), I have these hives that appear all over my body - even my eyes and lips swell up tremendously.Each day. there are hives somewhere on my body. I have been to doctors, allergists, been on all the meds you can think of and nothing seems to be taking them away - I get them in between my fingers, on the bottom of my feet - on my scalp - I am wondering if anybody out there has tried any non-traditional methods - I am at the end of my rope and don't know what to do.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!! THANKS..........
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 23rd, 2008
only thing i know of is milk thistle
and hydroxyzine
|

replied August 11th, 2009
My sister had hives that actually went away when she had her first child, so she's convinced they are hormonally related. I have just been successfully treated for chronic idiopathic hives by a doctor practicing Chinese medicine. I was on 8 pills/4 different antihistamines a day, and even with all that medicine the hives were still at a dull roar. After just a few weeks of acupuncture and herbal "tea," the medicine was cut in half and within 3 months I was cured. No one knows what causes chronic hives, but it's clearly an imbalance in your system. That's what Chinese medicine is all about -- restoring balance -- so if you are still suffering give it a try. (Note, not all acupuncturists are equal -- find a good one.)
|

User Profile
Supporter
If you find a remedy that helps you can you post it here. I have been suffering from this to for years. I can sometimes go months without them appearing then out of the blue I will have them every single day. Its hard to deal with when I get them at work on the bottom of my feet. I stand for 12 hours a day at a factory.
|

gotquestions1524 wrote:
If you find a remedy that helps you can you post it here. I have been suffering from this to for years. I can sometimes go months without them appearing then out of the blue I will have them every single day. Its hard to deal with when I get them at work on the bottom of my feet. I stand for 12 hours a day at a factory.

Read what BML70 said, I've been doing research and going to see an acupuncturist within the next few days.
For temporary relief, a derm prescribed Allegra 60mg (Fexofenadine Hcl) in the morning and Atarax (Hydroxyzine) at night.
Currently I'm taking the generics and they work fine. If you can't get your hands these meds, previously I took zyrtec 24hr, and took 4baby aspirins every 4hours (or whenever I started to get continuous persistent flare ups and it relived my symptoms dramatically.

I've learned to always carry a bottle of ice cold water with me & a few wet paper towels balled up- or a rag, whatever you can get your hands on..

Good luck
|

replied August 25th, 2009
HIVES
I have had hives for 16 plus years. For one they are very embarrassing. And they are very annoying. The combination that my allergy dr has come up with is: Zyrtec 10 mg twice a day. And Zantac I believe 5 or 10 mg twice a day. I can usually get by with just 1 dose per day, but I can tell when I need another dose. Over the counter generic forms of both work for me just as well as prescriptions and much cheaper. I hope this info helps someone, let me know if it does or if anyone else has any ideas. I wish some tea and accupuncture would work. But I don't think my case is that easy.
|

User Profile
replied August 25th, 2009
Supporter
I had some female surgery and ever since I had this procedure done I have not had any hives at all. I was having them all the time for months. I really feel that it had something to do with my hormones and stress. I was worried all the time about some fybroid tumors that I have. I hope this was useful to you and I hope that if you find anymore information on this that you will post it. I'm hoping they don't come back I was getting to my witts end
|
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....