User Profile
I just got back from the dentist to get a filling and they numbed my whole left side of my mouth. I HATE that feeling. is there any way to make it go away faster than a couple of hours like my dentist said?? i HATE it and i want to eat! im hungry!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ritzbitz78
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hey
unfortunately no.
|

replied January 21st, 2008
increase circulation
You can try and speed up the process by increasing blood circulation to it will take away the medication from the nerve as quickly as possible.

You could exercise and get your heart pumping. You could move your jaw a lot by talking or singing (be careful not to bite your tongue or cheek!). Or you can put a warm pack up to your cheek and keep it there for awhile.

This will help that numbness vanish much quicker.

Hope this helps!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....