Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

60 Year Old Gives Birth - Proof That Anyone Can Get Pregnant

Would you want to have a kid at 60?
Yes
No
25%  25%  [ 2 ]
75%  75%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8
Here is a very intersting video - http://www.thenewsroom.com/details/336032/ Health?c_id=wom-kg-jlt - this 60 year old woman gave birth - I guess anyone can get pregnant. (the link is a video - I wouldent have believed it if I hadent seen the film myself) - Kate from thenewsroom.com
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper KTMG
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
wow...................... Shocked
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Experienced User
wow.....just does not seem good enough. i don't think i would be able to do that..
|

replied March 16th, 2010
I wood hat 2 be have a baby at sixty!!! My kid wood hate me!! Oldie!!!
|

replied June 18th, 2010
Yes and No, Mostly No.
Almost any woman can get pregnant, but not with her own eggs. If you want to actually reproduce in the genetic sense as distinct from parenting a child from conception, you still need to get started a lot sooner. For best results, you should try to get pregnant before age 30. By age 43 almost all women are unable to have their own genetic children regardless of medical intervetion. I have corresponded with women as young as 32 who have had to use donor eggs because of age related deterioration in their own eggs.

Also, most 60 year-olds are not healthy enough to safely carry a child.
|

replied October 27th, 2010
It just seems incredibly selfish AND foolish to have children at such an age. What are you going to do if you were to die at 70 or 80? Your child will only be 10/20 years old. Much to young to deal with the death of a parent. How can you possibly have the energy to look after a teenager and keep them in line? If you're having children at 60 you are thinking of yourself and yourself only. You are having children for YOU and not thinking of the consequences that your child will have to face.
|

replied July 5th, 2015
Wow, so many of you have such strong opinions about age... Before long you will be 60+ and may not think you're so old.
|

replied July 13th, 2015
Extremely eHealthy
I am 71 and I know I am old, I feel old, I look old I am older than my parents who died before me. I did not think that I would live this long. I do not drink alcohol or never smoked. But I feel much older than my age.
|
Tags: pregnant, woman
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....