User Profile
Here I am again....freaking out. I had some huge cold sores appear a few days after Brian was born. Although I took precautions, no one told me how life threatening they could be if Brian got them. I found out by the good ol' internet.

Yesterday Brian got what appeared to be an insect bite on his chin. It came out of no where. This thing had a raised white center with red around it. This morning, he had a few more that look like insect bites around the same area. The one from yesterday no longer looks like an insect bit. It is extremely small and a slightly raised bump.

I am hoping this is just infant acne or pimples. The other possibility isn't something I even want to think about but considering this little man's history, I am freaking out. If you had experience with newborn pimples, did they look like what I just described? Did they appear out of no where and initially look like insect bites??

Karin
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Shocked I really have no idea. Maybe you could google "baby acne" and click on 'images' to get an idea of what it looks like? That's all I can really think of, apart from calling his doctor and asking.
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks. I did and couldn't find anything but text. I tried for a while.
If you or someone else has a good link to baby pimples or acne please post or pm.
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Okay, at the Google main page, right at the top it has a bunch of stuff:
web, images, video, news, maps, gmail, more...

Click on images, and THEN type baby acne into the search. You'll get tons of hits. (I tested it before replying). I really hope that helps!
|

replied July 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy

to me baby ance looks like little ant bites.

they can gave a whitehead on it to
|

replied July 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Jaylon had baby acne bad, it seems he was a bit older, but...? I put ucerine cream on them and they went away over night.
|

replied July 19th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
http://health.yahoo.com/media/mayoclinic/i mages/image_popup/fl7_milia_babyacne.jpg

http://pediatrics.about.com/od/weeklyquest ion/a/04_baby_acne.htm

i hope these don't get removed right away. hope he is okay otherwise. it sounds like this is common and harmless but you've been through so much already!
|

replied July 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Amelia had baby acne. I noticed it popped up if I put lotion on her face or washed it with anything. So I just used water. But I think its probably baby acne. Mel had some that looked like what Brian has. (I can NEVER spell Brian right the first time, I spelled brain lol)
|

replied July 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Ava had baby acne at 2 weeks old. The doctor told me to put some cetaphil lotion with a little bit of cortizone cream and apply it once a day.
|
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....