Medical Questions > Nutrition > Diets and Diet Plans Forum

List of Healthy Eating Foods

User Profile
In terms of maintaining/building muscle mass and burning fat I can give you a list of 12 healthy eating foods:

01. Almonds and other nuts
02. Beans and legumes (especially lentils, kidney, chickpeas, soy and black)
03. Spinach and other green leafy vegetables
04. Dairy (low or no-fat, and not loaded with sugar such as ice cream)
05. Instant oatmeal (unsweetened)
06. Eggs
07. Turkey and lean meat
08. Natural (unsweetened) peanutbutter
09. Olive oil
10. Whole grain bread/pasta
11. Whey protein (from ricotta cheese or from whey powder)
12. Raspberries

All these foods have a low glycemic index, and also have "good fat", omega 3's, are high in fiber and/or are rich in quality protein. They offer the most nutrition that your body can utilize efficiently without excess fat, sugar and artificial crap that your body doesn't need.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Astraion
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Thanks!

I personally love whey in a smoothie. I add bananas, almonds, and milk...yummy!
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
Yummy! :)
yogahoneybunny wrote:
I add bananas, almonds, and milk...yummy!
Now that's Yummy! Smile
I would experiment a bit with the milk - adding fresh squeezed orange juice. Smile
|

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2008
A lot of what you listed our very healthy choices, however, I would buy many of them only organic.

Some of what you listed makes the ewg dirty dozen list of when you should buy organic.

Also, instant oatmeal is not low glycemic and not a good food choice. Real slow cooked oatmeal on the other hand is a very good choice. Sweeten with agave add some walnuts, yum.
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2018
Experienced User
Thank you. A good list. I ruled out meat.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....