Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

the Long Awaited Birth Story

User Profile
Ok so i went in on the 3rd with plans to be induced but when i was examined i was already 3-4cm so they couldn't induce me so i had to wait until the morning to get my waters broken because things were moving too slowly. On the 4th at about 1pm i had my waters broken, which was gross i must say and then me and .Dom went for a walk to help things along nothing much happened for a while but at 4pm i was in agony and my midwife discovered i'd dilated 5 cm in an hour! At that moment my blood pressur dropped dramatically so i had to get on the bed, and that's the last thing i remember. What i'm telling you now i have no recollection of it's just what i've been told. When my blood pressure dropped and i got onto the bed i started fitting really badly, my body had gone into severe shock because of the speed of the labour. My midwife wanted to give me pain relief to try and trick my body into thinking it was alright because she doubted very much that i'd be able to have her naturally because i was fiting every five minutes, but i was still refusing to have pain relief so they had to call my mum and get her to come up to give her consent to me having pamergen. I had about 12 more fits in the remainder of my labour and was transferred to the high risk room. Now i do rememebr this bit, i can remember looking down and seeing her head which was a bit of a freaky sight seeing as the last thing i remembered was standing in a delivery room! .Mika .Charlotte entered the world at 6.01pm on the 4th july weighing 7lbs 8oz and 53cm long.
I had alot of trouble bonding with her because for the first night i was hooked up to a drip and a catheter so couldn't really move and she was on the opposite side to my drip so everytime i tried to lean over to get her when she was crying it pulled on my drip so i felt like a failure. I stayed in hospital untill the 6th and i finally realised i loved her on the 7th.
Breastfeeding is going so amazingly well, she wakes up every 4 hours for a feed and all the initial pain has gone, i love looking into her eyes while she's feeding.
Oh and my sister's weddign was amazing i'll post pics in a bit.
.Danni xxx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2007
Supporter
oh i forgot to add that the cord was wrapped around her neck as she came out and no tears yay!
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Omg Danni! I am sorry you had such a rough time! Sad
Glad to hear everythings going well now though cant wait to see your pics!! Smile You sound to me like you are doing a great job hun!
|

replied July 14th, 2007
Experienced User
Oh my Danni that's sounds scary Shocked I'm so glad everything was alright in the end, i'm more nervous now about labour Confused So how's mother hood? i'm so excited i cant wait for Courtney to get here 6 weeks left!

Oh yeah and more pics please!!! Very Happy
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2007
Supporter
motherhood is amazing! i'm just so in awe of her whenever i look at her, she's so beautiful and she looks just like dom but with my nose. i just love snuggling up with her. my nephew is so proud of her, my sister put a photo in a frame when she got back from visiting me and he walked around showing the cats, dog, rabbits and anyone else who would look
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
sorry to hear about your fitting danni but i'm glad your ok now.
|

replied July 14th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
that's so sweet about your nephew. i'm glad things turned out okay in the end. you were so brave. well done!
|

replied July 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
im sorry it was so rough danni!
but look at how amazing gorgeous your daughter is.
i totally know how you feel about loving her. it was when i brought her home from the hospital that it became overwhelming the feelings i had for her.

congrats!!
|

replied July 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
What does it mean when you say "fitting"? Just wondering, I never heard that term before.
Congrats!
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
jessesgirl wrote:
What does it mean when you say "fitting"? Just wondering, I never heard that term before.
Congrats!

fitting is another term for convulsion.
|

replied July 14th, 2007
Experienced User
aw thanks for scaring me!! lol im jk! well congrats i guess its a good thing you dont remember much, how was the pain?? thats what im so terrified about im 31 weeks an getting really close and scared..but congrats shes a gorgeous independence baby!!!! =)
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i'm sorry you had such a rough labour! Sad But i'm sure just looking into Mika's eyes tells you that it was all worth it.

Its good to have you back!! Smile

Shar
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2007
Supporter
KFIG wrote:
aw thanks for scaring me!! lol im jk! well congrats i guess its a good thing you dont remember much, how was the pain?? thats what im so terrified about im 31 weeks an getting really close and scared..but congrats shes a gorgeous independence baby!!!! =)

I'm going to be honest and tell you that it was the most intense painful thing i've ever had to do in my life, but quick labours run in my family so i was expecting to be more painful than the average
|

replied July 14th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
shes beautiful danni! and congrats!
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I am so sorry to hear about the negativeness of your birth but I am glad that you are doing well now!
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2007
Experienced User
Congratulations! Just wanted to say again how beutiful your daughter is and I am sure she will be strong just like you are!
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Awww...it sounds like you two had a really rough time. At least it's going better now. I hope everything continues to go well. I also can't wait for more pics but take your time.
|

replied July 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Shocked

So glad you're ok now and you're enjoying motherhood Wink
|

replied July 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Oh .jesus .danni!! Thank goodness you don't remember much!

I'm glad you pulled through ok though.

Many women don't bond immedietly with their babas, so you're not alone there!!

I'm off to see some pics! Hopefully, you got some up!!

Sarah
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...