I let this guy pierce my ear at his house about a year ago. I made sure the needle and earring was new and sterile. After all was said and done he said he had pricked himself but I didnt see any blood. Now I have worries that I may have been exposed to HIV/AIDS, though I dont even know his status. People tell me that it has to be passed through a hypodermic needle. Should I worry?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2007
Supporter
Hi
Hi, to me personally, it seems highly unlikely you ahve contracted aids. So he pricked his finger in the process of piercing your ear, I would not think that your bloods could get mixed that easily, but then again, someone on here will beg to differ with me.....you can always go to a local health dept and have a test ($ is based on your income)! If it were me, I wouldn't worry! But, hey, thats just my opinion!
|

replied July 13th, 2007
Hi
Thank you, for your opinion. Everyone I talk to about this says they think I shouldnt worry. I called the guy and asked if he remembered when he pierced my ear so I asked him if when he pricked himself if he bled he said that he didnt but with the kinda things you can never be too sure. Im kinda too chicken to get testing done...

-Ebaby
|

replied July 14th, 2007
Wondering
I was wondering...If in the event that he had "pricked" his finger and our bloods mixed and say he is HIV+ would there be enough viral load to cause infection?
|

replied July 14th, 2007
---
...anybody?

Or does anybody know when the doctors online?
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Wondering
Ebaby0517 wrote:
I was wondering...If in the event that he had "pricked" his finger and our bloods mixed and say he is HIV+ would there be enough viral load to cause infection?

If your blood mixed, it would be possible to get HIV, although it does not sound very likely from what you described. The only way to know for sure is to take a test though.
|

replied July 14th, 2007
-
Thank you for your reply =]

Ive talked to several people on a lot of different boards and got the same feed back. I was very nervous about the whole thing, and I wanted to thank everyone who helped calm me down by posting back =]

Thank you,
Ebaby
|
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....