Medical Questions > Relationships > Family Relationships Forum

Mother Is On My Back All the Time

I am 27 years old and a single mom. My daughter's father and I split up about 5 years ago but reunited 3 years ago. When we split up I moved in with my parents. Since we got back together we have been wanting to move in together but haven't because of financial reasons...so my 7 year old and I have been living with my parents and it's really just because we can't afford to leave right now. For one...my mother talks down to me in front of my daughter, two she tells my daughter yes when I say no and tells me she thinks my decisions for my child are wrong in front of her all the time. The other thing is that she is getting on me about how I care for my daughter, how I care for our pets, about my relationship with my boyfriend, about my job, because I work for her right now because I have been sending my resume out for months and can't seem to even get an interview anywhere. It's like everytime I walk into the room she has something to get on me about. I am doing my best and she may not agree with my choices but she does not have to always give me a hard time. I have enough stress in my life I dont need this as an added, I don't know how to fix this situation!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
tell you mom to simply back off
|

replied July 12th, 2007
Experienced User
Everyday 5 times a day I tell her that and it doesn't work because an hour later she is on me about something
|

replied July 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
well
i dont know what to tell you about this! i hope eventually she backs off
its not healthy for her to bug you 24/7 and talk down like that
|