I feel like I would have ovulated Sunday and now I feel like I'm ovulating again. Same discomfort, same cervical mucus, except this time it's without spotting.
Would ovulating twice possibly mean twins if both eggs were...I guess so huh??
When we went to New Orleans in May we got our palms read and she said we were having twins soon. I don't believe in that stuff, but it's interesting. lol

Oh crud! Confused Shocked
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Twins??? Do you guys want twins? I don't believe in all that stuf either, but I am religious and I do think that God tells us through some non conventional ways sometimes...so you never know!

I don't know about the twins and ovulating twice. It makes sense, but I just don't know. It is possible to ovulate twice in your cycle. You said you are not going so far as to use ovulation tests right? That is the only way that I can know for sure. I usually don't get much cervical mucus, so I rely on those to help me pin point it.

I hope you caught that egg this month. When do you think you may start? Did you guys dtd around Sunday and yesterday???
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2007
With a little bit of research this is what I found....

"It is possible to ovulate twice in the same cycle, however it is rare. Occasionally a 2nd egg is released about 24 hours after the 1st egg. It can be beneficial to continue having intercourse for 2 or 3 days beyond ovulation. "

Hope this helps....baby dust.
|

replied July 13th, 2007
Supporter
Fertlity
when you are trying to make a baby you should never have sex ever day or more than twice in a 24 hour period. This is because your partners sperm cout goes down and makes it less likely to get pregant. I have twins and they are fun but alot of work!!!! Have you been keeping track of your temp is that why you think you may have ovulated or just the lttle bit of cramping when you release an egg? Not that this happens to you but sometime you can ovulate 2 in a cycle not usually in 24 hours though. I do hope that you get pregant. With twins if that is your desire but do not be too disappointed if you do not get twins. Sometime when women get pregant with twins and this happens more often than not you will lose the other or it just will not develop I do not tell you this to upset set you but It was told to me when I found out at 5 1/2 weeks that I was having twins. Also with my next pregancy I started with triplets at 6 weeks ultrasound told us that. Then at 18 weeks down to twins and at 32 weeks down to 1. I am still very sad but sometimes the one baby takes ALL the stuff instead of it being split. There is nothing they can do about it. At my fetal assessment at 32 weeks they said they other baby had been dead for awhile and that my body was aready starting to absorb it. Just info for you. Here is some pregancy dust for you **********. Good luck
|

replied July 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Well I had some cramping, spotting, and mucus on Sunday and the mucus continued until Monday, then yesterday (Thursday) I had the same cramping and mucus, but not spotting.
I don't want twins. My daughter is 8 months. It would be like having triplets I have to work and my mom can't handle all of that.
We had sex Saturday night, then again on Tuesday night.
No, I'm not temping. I'm just watching my mucus and having sex. We just started trying last month and it didn't take us long with Ava. If by September I'm not pregnant, I'll see about all that other stuff.
I think I may start around the 21st or something. I really don't know. Today is day 25 of my cycle.
|

replied July 13th, 2007
Supporter
no offence but having twins and a 8 month old is nothing like having triplets. As you have had those 8 months with out any other children around and she will be at a different development stage then the new baby or babies. I am a mother of twins and have many friends with multiple babies like twins, triplets and quads even and none of like it when people who have their babies close together saying it is just like twins or triplets as it really is not. The expence at the time is eithe twice as much as 1 or three times as much as 1 at the same time. You have different expenses for your singleton than that of a parent of twins or more. Even if you get twins next you still have some things that you can used for your new baby to use by the time they would be born if you had twins she would be like 15-16 months you can put her in a toddler bed and use her crib for 1 of the new babies also she will be able to help you some. Any ways sorry to get down on you but you need to relize the work you have cut out for you if you have twinsas a pose to 1
|

replied July 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
karebare293 wrote:
no offence but having twins and a 8 month old is nothing like having triplets. As you have had those 8 months with out any other children around and she will be at a different development stage then the new baby or babies.

She probably knows that. I think she was just using a figure of speech. Like that is what she will feel like. Laughing
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
The only time you really have to restrict having sex every other day is when the man has a problem with sperm count at least that's what my doc told me. I supposedly (according to ultrasound which is pretty accurate) ovulated on cd5 and my husband and I bd'd twice that day and it seemed to do the trick for us. GL! I hope you join us on the preggo side again soon!
|

replied July 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
karebare293 wrote:
no offence but having twins and a 8 month old is nothing like having triplets. As you have had those 8 months with out any other children around and she will be at a different development stage then the new baby or babies. I am a mother of twins and have many friends with multiple babies like twins, triplets and quads even and none of like it when people who have their babies close together saying it is just like twins or triplets as it really is not. The expence at the time is eithe twice as much as 1 or three times as much as 1 at the same time. You have different expenses for your singleton than that of a parent of twins or more. Even if you get twins next you still have some things that you can used for your new baby to use by the time they would be born if you had twins she would be like 15-16 months you can put her in a toddler bed and use her crib for 1 of the new babies also she will be able to help you some. Any ways sorry to get down on you but you need to relize the work you have cut out for you if you have twinsas a pose to 1
i have my 2 oldest really close in age and i have twins and it really is not much different .So speak for yourself. having twins is not that difficult for me nor do i mind people saying stuff like that.
|

replied July 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
chase4 wrote:
karebare293 wrote:
i have my 2 oldest really close in age and i have twins and it really is not much different .So speak for yourself. having twins is not that difficult for me nor do i mind people saying stuff like that.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
|

replied July 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
karebare293 wrote:

Calm down, it was just a figure of speech. At first I didn't even know what you were talking about b/c I forgot typing that. That's how much thought I put into it, I had already forgot.
What's your problem?? Shocked
|

replied July 14th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
My dh and I would like to have twins and the longer it takes to get pregnant the more I want twins. In general, in our discussions about how many kids we want, my main concerns are with the kids having soemone around the same age to bond with and to play with while my dh doesn't want to stretch the baby years out too long or go through me being pregnant too much.

With my troubles getting pregnant, I don't know if we'll be able to have two kids close enough in age to have a strong bond.

We've talked about having one of our own kids and then adopting a second of the same gender and same or similar age. If we have twins, the baby years will be unbelievable hard, but they don't last forever. The bond between the two siblings, on the other hand, will last their entire lifetimes.
|

replied July 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
shortgeek wrote:

If we have twins, the baby years will be unbelievable hard, but they don't last forever. The bond between the two siblings, on the other hand, will last their entire lifetimes.

I feel the same way about having our 4 kids back to back.
|

replied July 15th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I am the second of four and we were pretty much back to back. I'm 14 months younger than my sister and I have a brother 16 months younger than me. My parents then skipped a year and had my youngest brother. We were all close enough in age that we could do a lot together.

As an example, I have a friend who has a ten year old and a four year old. When they go to an amusement park, the kids want to go on totally different rides. They are so far apart in age that they are rarely playmates. This actually requires more attention from the parents than if the kids were playmates. It doesn't mean that the kids won't bond and be lifelong friends, but it is less likely.

There are problems as well. Sibling rivalry is probably worse when you are closer in age and we had our fair share of it. As an adult, I can now see that my parents actually facilitated the sibling rivalry. I'm not sure that they did it on purpose. They would praise one kid's accomplishment and encourage the other kids to strive for it. I think we were compared to each other too much growing up. Now, I think it is better to celebrate each kid's uniqueness and encourage them in their own interests, not the interests of their siblings.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....