Hi there. Since my last pregnancy I have Celiac disease. My youngest son is 3 years old. I haven't eaten in restaurant for 3 years. It's torture for me when family is guttering together because we are going in restaurants and they are having dinner and I'm just siting there and wishing I haven't got this awful disease. I'm scared to eat in restaurants Confused Confused Sad . Can you share your experience with me, please.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I am very careful of where i go out to eat. Many restraunts have gluten free menus now,and they can be viewed often times on the internet, particularly if they are chain restraunts. Still, as CD patients, we must be very dilligent about ensuring our safety when dining out. There are some celiac dining cards that you can purchase which spell it out for the kitchen staff (I think) in 10 different languages as well. You can find these online by googling "Celiac dining cards". Also, try to find a support group in your area. They are great about pooling resources together
|

User Profile
replied December 9th, 2007
Outback stake house is abslolutly amazing if you have those near you. They acually have a gluten free menu. I have celiac desease and eat there fairly often. They aren't affraid to ask you questions if you have other food alergies eather. they scrub the grill, and wrap your meat in aluminum foil, the even surve it to you still wraped in the foil to prevent cross contamination from the grill to the table. they will modify everything, make it with out spices, exchange ingredients you cant eat with ones you can in things like salad, even if that ingredient doesnt traditionally come on the salad etc. I have only had one problem there, one time. they forgot I was gluten free and made my stake the normal way, but they were great, insted of throwing the meat away they gave the $13 stake and sweet potato to my dad, and cooked a new one the way I could eat it. and even better my meal was free because of their mistake. Their no fast food resteraunt so their little expensive but for special ocasions their great. you can search other resteraunts like hambrugar paradice (which I havn't tried). by just typing gluten free resteraunts into the search engine. good luck!
|

replied December 20th, 2007
Celiac And Restaurants
I have the same problem...It is not fun.
|

replied December 28th, 2007
I have found out that Outback will cook the way you want, and Applebees will also do the same, so at least there are some choices.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Is Celiac disease a food allergy? (it is not) What causes Celiac and what puts you at risk for developing it? Basic facts about Celiac Disease here....
What can trigger celiac disease? And who is at risk of developing the disorder? Click here to learn more....
A range of symptoms manifest during Celiac Disease. Learn what signs and symptoms to look for, and when to seek help....