Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Vein or muscle contraction under right eye ? (facial nerve f

User Profile
The vain under my right eye has been pulsing at a very fast rate. It has been causing my eye to water at times. The pulsing lasts for about 15 seconds and then stops for a minute or two and then starts again. It has been going on for about 2 weeks. When i was about 5 years old i was poked in the eye by a girl at school and as a result i ended up with damage to the back of my eye. I have some scare tissue at the back of my right eye and i have lost about 5 - 10% of my vision in my eye as a result. I'm not sure this has anything to do with my current problem.

Thank You for your help.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2007
Nutrition Answer A3123
Veins generally do not pulsate. According to your description, you may be experiencing the spontaneous contraction of a facial muscle (fasciculation). I don’t believe that an eye injury during the childhood has anything with the current problem. Muscle fasciculation is probably not related with the eye and can be a normal event. You can consult a neurologist about this if you are concerned or simply to check it out.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Nutrition , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.