has anyone read this book?

I am shopping for some books for baby and i wanted to get "goodnight moon", "the pokey little puppy" and "love you forever". But i forgot how darn sad this book is! i can't read it without crying so how can i read it to my baby? lol. does anyone remember a book about a little black dog who gets lost in the city and it has all these blocky pictures in it that are mostly red and blue and black? does anyone have any other book suggestions?

i read this on the robert munsch website. as if the book could get any sadder!!!

"Love You Forever started as a song.

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
as long as I'm living
my baby you'll be."

I made that up after my wife and I had two babies born dead. The song was my song to my dead babies. For a long time I had it in my head and I couldn't even sing it because every time I tried to sing it I cried. It was very strange having a song in my head that I couldn't sing.

For a long time it was just a song but one day, while telling stories at a big theatre at the University of Guelph, it occurred to me that I might be able to make a story around the song.

Out popped Love You Forever, pretty much the way it is in the book."
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i love that book, and i have it for myself Laughing because im lame.
|

replied July 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
My daughter has "goodnight moon"
It's in her top 5.
|

replied July 13th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I love that book (I'll love you forever), that was one my Mom would read when we were little. I love it Smile
|

replied July 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
That is my favorite book in the world. I buy it for everyone I know that has a baby. Laughing

I just started singing it to myself... My mom and my aunt used to sing it all the time.
|

replied July 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Someone gave me that book for my baby shower. It's so beautiful, but your right so sad. I'm a walking emotion...still.

My daughter loved the Sesame Street books. I think her all time favorite was "Monster at the end of this book".
|

replied July 13th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
hey i remember that one!! lol. wow, some of these books really bring back memories of being a kid. i want to get a lot of the ones that i had when i was small that i really liked. like where the wild things are. that's another one i just remembered. classic ones like that. ones that don't make me cry! lol
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
My favorite childhood book is The Velveteen Rabbit. I read it when I was really small, and I always took great care of my stuffed animals and toys after that. We're buying it for Alyvia when she turns 1.

We've already bought her "Where the Wild Things Are" and "God Gave Us You".
|

replied July 13th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
my favourite was the pokey little puppy because i had a stuffed dog that looked just like the one in the book. i used to take such good care of my toys too. i would spend 10 minutes before bed lining them up around my pillow and they all had to take turns sleeping closest to me so none of them would feel left out. then in the morning i would find one or two on the floor and i would feel so bad and apologize to them lol.
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
That's so sweet, Karen!

I always slept with this big stuffed grizzly bear named Mr. Bear (I still have him!) and if I'd wake up in the morning and find him on the floor, I'd feel so bad and apologize to him too. Sad I still get mad at Aaron if he grabs him by the ear or one arm or something when he's moving him.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...