Medical Questions > Abortion > Abortion Pro Choice Forum

took mifeprex...now really worried

Hi. First of all, don't judge me. I have been with my husband for 6 years, we have two children, 4 years and 6 months. Recently we found out my oldest child was being molested by a family member. Our sex life was affected and since september we only had sex 3 times, all three times we used condoms and the last time i used plan b the next day. I was supposed to get an IUD after the baby was born, but my referrals got all messed up and my doc wouldnt put me on birth control pills while i was waiting for the IUD...i begged him to tie my tubes, but he wouldn't do that either.
2 weeks ago, we found out i was pregnant again. I couldn't do it this time. My oldest daughter needs alot of extra attention right now, we have therapy, i have court and an infant and after losing contact with a family she very much loved, i didn't have the heart to go through with an adoption and take a new sibling away from her too.
So, i did the medical abortion. It was really too big a deal, but i feel alot of regret with regards to...it was mine and my husbands and i'm sad we couldn't do it right now. I was attached to it already.
Anyway, i only bled for 4 days. But we followed the rules "nothing in the vagina for two weeks". Well, we didn't have sex, but all the problems we have been having kind of...i dunno reminded us why we are together and we have been feeling very close with eachother. Like i said, we didn't have sex, but there was some genital to genital contact, no penetration, but some ejaculate got near, not in, my vagina.
I'm so worried i might have gotten pregnant from this. I dunno how plausible it is but...i'm scared to death.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2013
Have you come back for a check-up already? I think it's gonna much better than just stay there & worry, right? Wish you all the best...
|

replied November 1st, 2015
With mifepristone and misoprostol, there is no restriction that you can not use this medicine for second abortion after your first.
I suggest that better you first check for your pregnancy. If you are positive you can go for medicinal termination with mtp kit once again, before it gets to let. As you know it is safe to use it for a pregnancy of 9 weeks or less.
An abortion sometimes also known as "termination" or a "termination of pregnancy", is a medical process of ending of pregnancy by not letting in the birth of a baby. A pregnancy can be terminated either medically or by a surgical procedure depending on how number of weeks of pregnancy.

Methods of abortion

Depending on how many weeks pregnant you are, there are number of different methods of abortion. The number of weeks is usually calculated by counting from the first day of your last period. Broadly abortions are of two types - medical and surgical. A medical abortion is carried by a set of two medicine (Mifepristone and Misoprostol) while a surgical abortion involves a minor operation performed under the supervision of a gynecologist.

Medical Abortion or Medical Termination of Pregnancy (up to nine weeks of pregnancy) using MTP kit.

An early medical abortion or medical termination of pregnancy is carried out using two different medicines 36 - 48 hours apart. As the effect of the medication you will have some bleeding and some pain when the termination of pregnancy happens, similar to having an early natural miscarriage of pregnancy.

How to use MTP kit for medical abortion or medical termination of unwanted pregnancy?

A MTP kit also called as Medical termination of pregnancy kit is a combination of two medicines (One pill of Mifepristone 200mg and 4 pills of Misoprostol 200mcg each). MTP Kit (Mifepristone 200mg + Misoprostol 200mcg) used for an early medical abortion or medical termination of intrauterine pregnancy up to 63 days of fertilization.

How to administrate Mifepristone and Misoprostol for an early medical abortion up to 63 days or 9 weeks of fertilization?

Before you buy MTP kit (Mifepristone 200mg + Misoprostol 200mcg) online from our Real Health Shop, we advise you to go for a clinical examination to know the exact duration of pregnancy, as MTP kit can only be used for abortion of intrauterine pregnancy up to 63 days. A pregnancy is dated from the first day of your last menstrual period in a presumed 28 days cycle with ovulation occurring at mid-cycle.

The medical abortion is carried out on two parts. In the first part on the first day of your medical abortion with MTP kit, you will be given mifepristone 200mg which is an abortion pill. Mifepristone pill acts by blocking the hormone that makes the lining of the womb suitable for the fertilization of egg. On day one after taking the first pill you can continue your normal everyday activities. Before the second part of the treatment a few women may feel mild cramps and a little bleeding. If you have heavier bleeding or significant pain, you should contact your gynecologist.

Two days later (48 hours after your first medication), you will be given the second medication of misoprostol 800mcg (4 tablets of 200mcg each) vaginally or orally, as per your convenience. Within four to six hours of taking misoprostol, your womb lining will break down along with the embryo, through bleeding from your vagina. Second part of medication can be very painful, but you can take a painkiller. If virginal bleeding does not occurs within 4 to 6 hours after administration of misoprostol, a second dose of misoprostol (2 pills misoprostol of 200mcg each) may be administrated vaginally or orally.

Once the full cycle of medication is completed it is supposed that the termination of pregnancy has successfully completed. To confirm the same you are advised to go for a ultrasound test after 14 days of completing the medication.

There are certain side effects or after effects of medical abortion like diarrhea, mild cramps in abdomen and lower abdomen area, mood swing hot flush etc. This is not the entire list of side effect or after effects of medicinal termination of pregnancy. To know about more ask your health advisor.
|

replied July 6th, 2017
Want to share my exp and help those who are anxious about it. I also took the mefe kit and will all those stories Ive read it made me paranoid and scared to whats gonna happen after the 2nd pill. But before that moment I prepared myself with all the things I guess I needed later part. I bought pain killers, anti emetics, for hot compression, snacks and anti diarhea and a someone you can be with, I advise you better your boyfriend, best pain killer ever. Better be ready than nothing to do if you already onow what are the possibilities. The night I took the 2nd drug, i took 3 advil pills and 50mg benadryl prior inserting the 2nd 4 drugs to my vagina.. then suprisingly within an hour I exp cramping but not painful then it started, I passed large clots.. til my third visit to the toilet. But after that, pure blood already and like a normal period. I am just worried because I am not sure If I passed the pregnancy tissues and the embryo itself... i didnt have time to filter the clots.. but on the other hand, all my pregnancy symptoms were gone like being sick all day due to pregnancy. I am planning to have a utz nextweek and thinking what will be my alibi to tell them. Would you help me? I am in a country were medical abortion is illegal. And my only basis are your stories and the seller of the drug. Hope everything with you guys are well, I hope I am too.
|

replied July 6th, 2017
Want to share my exp and help those who are anxious about it. I also took the mefe kit and will all those stories Ive read it made me paranoid and scared to whats gonna happen after the 2nd pill. But before that moment I prepared myself with all the things I guess I needed later part. I bought pain killers, anti emetics, for hot compression, snacks and anti diarhea and a someone you can be with, I advise you better your boyfriend, best pain killer ever. Better be ready than nothing to do if you already onow what are the possibilities. The night I took the 2nd drug, i took 3 advil pills and 50mg benadryl prior inserting the 2nd 4 drugs to my vagina.. then suprisingly within an hour I exp cramping but not painful then it started, I passed large clots.. til my third visit to the toilet. But after that, pure blood already and like a normal period. I am just worried because I am not sure If I passed the pregnancy tissues and the embryo itself... i didnt have time to filter the clots.. but on the other hand, all my pregnancy symptoms were gone like being sick all day due to pregnancy. I am planning to have a utz nextweek and thinking what will be my alibi to tell them. Would you help me? I am in a country were medical abortion is illegal. And my only basis are your stories and the seller of the drug. Hope everything with you guys are well, I hope I am too.
|