Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Took birth control pills wrong

i recently started using trinessa almost 3 weeks ago and i didnt know that i was suppose to wait to take the 7 white pills to end of the month because they are the non active pills and thats when my period is suppose to start.. but i took them the second week into taking the pills and i want to know if im at higher risk to get pregnant again... but im not sure if i can get pregnant around this time anyways because i had a miscarriage about 4 weeks ago. im very confused and i cant find an answer to my problem anywhere. i know it was common sense to take the only 7 white pills at the end but i wasnt sure and now im starting to stress about the situation. can you please help me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2009
Supporter
Before you do anything else, you need to stop taking the pill and make sure you are not pregnant.
If you are not pregnant, you need to throw away the pack, start a new pack and use an alternate form of birth control or abstain from sex until the pill becomes effective again.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank deteragram for this post: cubanqirl 
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....