Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Too many prescriptions!? Please help

I have been dealing with huge amounts of stress and anxiety and panic attacks and my doctor prescribed me 20 mg a day of Lexapro, 30 MG a day of buspar and 50 MG of imipramine . I'm extremely nervous and anxious about taking this many anti-depressants and anti- anxiety medications. I've read horror stories of seratonin syndrome and things of the sort. If anyone can help , please do. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 28th, 2013
Experienced User
While there is a interaction effect between these drugs that may increase the chance of seratonin symdrome. I would suggest talking to your doctor about either altering or even getting better information on how to recognize the symptoms of seratonin syndrome. However, the chances are your doctor felt the benefits outweighed the risk when prescribing these drugs to you.

Best of luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...