about 6 months ago i noticed someting happening/forming on my tongue, it originally felt like a mild burn and looked like several mishapen spots, mostly circular, that had slightly white edging making the paipllae clearly visable, and reddened looking, i thought maybe i burned my tongue. I have tried using oragel, baking soda, toothpaste, and other herbal remedies for relief but nothing has healed this permanently, meaning it keeps coming back. I had been taking a prescription mediation when this first formed that resulted in severe dry mouth so i stopped taking the medication, still now months later my tongue is still in bad shape.

I do not have health insurance and like most people money is tight, still i am starting to become very scared, could this be cancer, or indication of something very serious. I have only had sex with three people, each has been tested for HIV- negative, and i have always tested negative for HIV, last test was almost two years ago and I have not had sex is almost 2 years now.

I used to smoke, for one year, but that was three years ago, although i have occassioanly had a cigarette, probably 10 in the last 3 years. I do drink alcohol, occassionally, although for the past 2 months i have gone out drinking, 3 drinks, 1 night per week despite this situation with my tongue.

i took 2 photos of it today which i can post if it might help with a diagnosis.

thank you in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2008
Community Volunteer
It kind of sounds like a boil to me...you can get them inside and out and they can be very hard to get rid of....and keep coming back too.

I've PM-ed you with a link that I think will help you. The reason why I have to PM is because there is advertising on it, but the article is very good, and I hope it will solve the problem.
|

replied September 27th, 2010
alv134

did you fixed your problem....I have similar ...Please let me know...
|

replied July 23rd, 2012
My 17 year old daughter is suffering with pain and itching and sores on her tongue. I have a picture I would love to post. She has been seen by a dentist, orthodontist, pediatrician, and family Doctor, nothing has helped. She has been tested for herpes and it was negative. She has had reaccuring symptoms for approximately 3 years and they are becoming more severe and more frequent. Her tongue gets red and it looks like inflamed taste buds, they burn and itch horribly, then white lessions form. Her current symptoms have now lasted 5 months. Should I take her to a ear/nose/throat dr. or an allergest? Any ideas? What could this be?

She has been trying Dexamethasom oral rinse, no sugar diet, lysin, salt water rinses, oral gel,
|
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....