Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Relationships Forum

told me she was mentally ill, my fault she's feeling so sad?

Hello,

I would just like to ask a question and see if anybody can help me..

I met a girl around 2 months ago online. We chatted for a week non-stop. She was so kind and was super attracted to me. We finally met up for drinks and she was stunning. I told her there and then that I really liked her and she liked me back. After drinks, we went back to her place and watched a film. I stayed the night and we had sex... We also stayed up for hours talking and she was laughing at my jokes and told me how happy she was that she met me after a bad relationship in the past which she has just gotten over...

The next morning we spent the day together and then I went home in the night. (We only live 20 mins from eachother) She text me immediately as I got in and told me how amazing I was and how happy I made her feel. I felt the same and told her. We then met up over the last few weeks and I even met her mother. l and she met mine. She told me she was excited to meet my family and friends but nervous.

She sent me a message telling me that she has told her friends about me and they are all very happy for us... She even told me that her mum really likes me.. I was so happy and we carried on chatting for ages.
She was perfect... Until one day she became a different person on instant messanger. She became very mean and offensive towards me and her conversation was very short and non-interested. She egnored me for a few days then then finally messaged telling me that her head has been messed up and she's sorry and loves me etc... I forgave her of course and said it was fine aslong as I still had her... She assured me that I still had her and it was just a blip...

I decided to go round that night after her inviting me. We had an amazing evening as usual and talked all night again and laughed just like usual.. We just clicked vey well and there was not one awkward moment... She had work the next day so we had an early night and woke up early morning. She seemed a bit moody in the morning so I put this down to the fact that it was early so we kissed and I went home.

I text her that afternoon and she was back to her nasty side again telling me mean things and pushing me away telling me to find somebody else... She told me she was mentally ill and I don't understand.. After wanting to talk about it and begging her to let me help her... She decided to block me from Facebook, snap chat and pretty much everything... I couldn't talk to her on anything..

I was shocked as its been going incredibly well and We've both been so openly in love with each-other.. She even admitted that to me and told me that I'm a breath of fresh air to her when she was in her normal state..
So it's been a week and a half now and she hasent un-blocked me or even talked to me... I've tried on many occasions to talk to her but she's just egnoring me. I sent her a letter to tell her how much she means to me but didn't get a reply. I really want to know we're we are and if she wants to be with me still as I really want to be with her.

I feel like it's my fault she's feeling so sad and I feel helpless. I love this girl after such a bad year for me, I finally found a girl I love who loved me and now she's blocked me.
I was just wondering if anybody has had a simelar situation and how you dealt with it? I don't want to give up on her and I want to fight for her... Any advice would be appreciated. Do you think she will unblock me and talk it out or do you think that I will be blocked now and be forced to move on down the horrible road of getting over sombody that meant a lot to me once again.
Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
She seems to have personality disorder.
Just counselling will resolve her issue.
You should involve her mother and other close family members for re establishing relationship.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bipolar Relationships , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.